Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same situation

Originally posted by ms123 View Post
    My waiver of ineligibility was approved on November 25th 2015 and I received a email to send in my passport. I sent my passport on 1st of December and it has been 10 days and it still says administrative processing online. I have tried contacting the consulate but haven't gotten much response. Any opinions on what I should do or expect?

I also submitted on 24th Nov 2015 still showing as AP process but passport is showing "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted".

Please let me know your status once you receive.

Comment

You have to wait 48 hours for it to update. Please do not worry yourself by checking your status before 48 hours. If the visa officer said your visa is approved, in 99.9% of cases, it is approved.

Comment

Today(08/04) Me with my wife and daughter appeared for H1B re stamping interview in Kolkata Consulate. After the interview VO told me your Visa is approved.
        My daughter visa got issued today itself, but myself and wife visa is showing Administrative Processing. Really very tensed don't know what to do. VO didn't ask for any document or didn't provide any slip. In this normal?

8/3 - Biometric
        8/4 - Interview. VO told visa is approved.
        8/4 - Daughter visa issued, mine and wife visa status is showing AP
        Last edited by soumeny2k; 08-04-2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soumeny2k View Post
          Today(08/04) Me with my wife and daughter appeared for H1B re stamping interview in Kolkata Consulate. After the interview VO told me your Visa is approved.
          My daughter visa got issued today itself, but myself and wife visa is showing Administrative Processing. Really very tensed don't know what to do. VO didn't ask for any document or didn't provide any slip. In this normal?

8/3 - Biometric
          8/4 - Interview. VO told visa is approved.
          8/4 - Daughter visa issued, mine and wife visa status is showing AP
          Its normal and is not a reason to worry. Admin processing does not always mean more documentation requirement. Wait for a few days before pressing the panic button.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
            Its normal and is not a reason to worry. Admin processing does not always mean more documentation requirement. Wait for a few days before pressing the panic button.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
            Thanks Raghvi for the reply. Yeah let me wait for next week and see.

Comment

B2 visa administrative processing

I applied for my daughter (3 years old) B2 visa. We're planning to go for a holiday in December 2016. Both me & my wife have an existing valid B1/B2 visa. We didn't have to appear for an interview, only courier the documents and passport to them.

Case Created: August 10, 2016.
              Status changed to "ready" : August 10, 2016.
              Status changed to "administrative processing": August 10, 2016.

In the absence of an interview, I thought this process would be straightforward. What do I expect from now on?? Do you know how long will the status remain as AP?

Comment

Visa approved but later got email admin processing required send information

Hi,
                i went to visa interview to chennai consulate with my wife and daughter.

OFC - 3rd Aug
                Interview -4th Aug

CO said visa approved and given 2 copy of i129S stamped. no admin processing of 221g slip given.

on 9th Aug i got a mail that

"Your case is required to undergo further additional administrative processing. Per the adjudicating officer’s advice you will need to respond to the attached file and get back to us at the earliest.

We would begin initiating the additional process once we receive the detailed answers requested."

Questionnaire was about
                1: last 15 year travel, residence and employmenr detail.
                2: name of siblings, children and former spouses.
                3: all prior passport.

What does it mean and how long this could take. only My wife and daughters passport with visa stamped received.

Comment

Visa approved but administrative processing

Hi All,
                  My wife appeared for the H1-B Visa interview on Aug 9th and the interviewer notified that her visa was approved and retained her passport. After a week of no notification from the HYD CEA, we checked the status on ceac status checker. There was an administrative processing message as status. She received an email 10 days after her interview stating that her H1-B petition was still pending with USCIS and that it is blocking them from approving her Visa. But she has her original I797 the H1-B approval Doc and also a approved status on USCIS's website.

My question here is

1. Has anyone came across this situation - if so what was your resolution
                  2. Does the consulate have a different portal to check the H1 case status with USCIS

Thank you

Comment

i got same email requiring my travel history and same questions asked

Originally posted by akg.mnnit View Post
                    Hi,
                    i went to visa interview to chennai consulate with my wife and daughter.

OFC - 3rd Aug
                    Interview -4th Aug

CO said visa approved and given 2 copy of i129S stamped. no admin processing of 221g slip given.

on 9th Aug i got a mail that

"Your case is required to undergo further additional administrative processing. Per the adjudicating officer’s advice you will need to respond to the attached file and get back to us at the earliest.

We would begin initiating the additional process once we receive the detailed answers requested."

Questionnaire was about
                    1: last 15 year travel, residence and employmenr detail.
                    2: name of siblings, children and former spouses.
                    3: all prior passport.

What does it mean and how long this could take. only My wife and daughters passport with visa stamped received.

you got your visa or still waiting?

Comment

how many days for completing your administrative processing?

Originally posted by Rajiv Manghnani View Post
                      I applied for my daughter (3 years old) B2 visa. We're planning to go for a holiday in December 2016. Both me & my wife have an existing valid B1/B2 visa. We didn't have to appear for an interview, only courier the documents and passport to them.

Case Created: August 10, 2016.
                      Status changed to "ready" : August 10, 2016.
                      Status changed to "administrative processing": August 10, 2016.

In the absence of an interview, I thought this process would be straightforward. What do I expect from now on?? Do you know how long will the status remain as AP?
                      How many days needed for completing your administrative processing?

Comment

Administrative processing- visitor visa

I applied Aug 24th, hoping to visit my sister in October. but my case is still shows administrative processing after over a month...Anyone here has the same experience?

Comment

Anyone checking this forum?

???
                          Originally posted by NDer View Post
                          I applied Aug 24th, hoping to visit my sister in October. but my case is still shows administrative processing after over a month...Anyone here has the same experience?

Comment

Anyone had their visa approved at New Delhi Consulate around september 26?

Hi,

I had my visa interview for h1b renewal at New Delhi US Consulate on September 26, 2016 and have been waiting to get my passport back since past 3 weeks. CEAC website shows "administrative processing" with date updated on October 5.

Any idea when I would get my passport back? Its getting really frustrating for me now.

Comment

Did you hear anything? I am waiting since September 1st.
                              Originally posted by h1badminprocessing View Post
                              Hi,

I had my visa interview for h1b renewal at New Delhi US Consulate on September 26, 2016 and have been waiting to get my passport back since past 3 weeks. CEAC website shows "administrative processing" with date updated on October 5.

Any idea when I would get my passport back? Its getting really frustrating for me now.

Comment

us visa approved but still under administrative processing.

i attended the interview for b1b2 visa last november 23,2016 and the vo told me it was approved and she even told me that i will be given a 10 year tourist us visa. i have been checking religiously and it still shows the same date it was created. November 23,2016 under administrative processing.please help. im freaking out as i have booked my holiday straight away i learned it was approved. ☹️

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X