Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa approved but administrative processing

Hi,

I appeared at the New Delhi consulate on 5th February for my H1B stamping (non-cap academic H1B which was already approved from the USCIS when I was in the US) along with my wife who applied for her H4 visa. The interview lasted for just about a minute and the visa officer said that both our visas are approved (he didn't even ask for our marriage certificate). However when we did not receive our passports until this Saturday (that is, after waiting for 5 days), we thought of tracking the passport. Tracking showed that our passports are still with the consulate. We then checked the visa status on the website and the website shows that our visa case is under administrative processing (the message said "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks"). As far as I know such messages are shown only in the cases of 221g. However, we were not given any 221g slip so it's very confusing because the visa officer clearly told us about the approval, didn't ask for any other documents, or gave any slips or forms.

What could be the reason for this? Has anyone else seen such a status message after getting the visa approved? Is there something I could do to find out the cause, and get the visa processing expedited (assuming it is indeed stuck)? My return date to the US is 15th February and it has put me in a very tricky situation. Please advise.

Thank you.

Same case with Visa approval

I also appeared for the visa interview on Feb 4th at the New Delhi Consulate and was approved the visa. I haven't yet received my passport. Have you received your passport yet?

Comment

check the passport status on us travel docs website
      Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

Originally posted by quingquing View Post
        I also appeared for the visa interview on Feb 4th at the New Delhi Consulate and was approved the visa. I haven't yet received my passport. Have you received your passport yet?
        Still waiting. What was your visa category (mine was H1B) ?

Comment

Visa Approved Havent received my passport( Admistrative Processing)

Mine is the same case. I appeared for H1B visa appointment along with my wife (H4) on Feb 21st in the Hyderabad Consulate. The interview was for about a minute and the officer kept both of our passports. Later when i checked the status it is showing as "administrative processing". The officer did not tell me anything about my visa not being approved. He did not provide any instructions nor provide a slip for 221G . I don't know how to proceed further. Let me know if any of you hear back from the consulate. How are you guys planning to proceed ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tia View Post
            Mine is the same case. I appeared for H1B visa appointment along with my wife (H4) on Feb 21st in the Hyderabad Consulate. The interview was for about a minute and the officer kept both of our passports. Later when i checked the status it is showing as "administrative processing". The officer did not tell me anything about my visa not being approved. He did not provide any instructions nor provide a slip for 221G . I don't know how to proceed further. Let me know if any of you hear back from the consulate. How are you guys planning to proceed ?
            Have you seen any update in your case today? It hasn't been that long for you so perhaps you could wait for a couple of days and see if the status changes. Apparently, one can't do much except waiting. The visa helplines are not of much help either. They pretty much tell you what you already know! In my case, I appeared for the interview on Feb 5 but the latest case status update date I see if Feb 5. What about you?

Just a couple of questions: (1) Do you work for a company or an academic institution?, (2) How long did your H1B approval take? Did you use premium processing?, (3) Did you have some other type of visa before? (4) Has your wife been in the US before on some other visa?, (5) Which area/domain does you work fall in (some work areas fall under a sensitive list which could lead to further processing)?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tictactoe59 View Post
              Have you seen any update in your case today? It hasn't been that long for you so perhaps you could wait for a couple of days and see if the status changes. Apparently, one can't do much except waiting. The visa helplines are not of much help either. They pretty much tell you what you already know! In my case, I appeared for the interview on Feb 5 but the latest case status update date I see if Feb 5. What about you?

Just a couple of questions: (1) Do you work for a company or an academic institution?, (2) How long did your H1B approval take? Did you use premium processing?, (3) Did you have some other type of visa before? (4) Has your wife been in the US before on some other visa?, (5) Which area/domain does you work fall in (some work areas fall under a sensitive list which could lead to further processing)?

Thanks.
              Even though You haven't asked this question to me; it would be interesting to see outcome of questionnaire

(1) Do you work for a company or an academic institution? -- Work for a company ,
              (2) How long did your H1B approval take? Did you use premium processing? to another 7 -- 8 Days in Premium Processing, second H1b i.e. I have had it transferred from one company; worked for new company for only a month before leaving to India for stamping
              (3) Did you have some other type of visa before? -- Had Student visa before
              (4) Has your wife been in the US before on some other visa? -- NO,
              (5) Which area/domain does you work fall in (some work areas fall under a sensitive list which could lead to further processing)? -- No

I Had Blue 221g from Mumbai consulate in Dec 2012
              Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

Hi

Hi,
                I am also in the same position. VO took my passport and now my case is in Administrative processing & I have to return back to US next week. Let me know if your visa was stamped and how long this took?

Comment

Any update on your passport??

I am also facing the same issue. I appeared for a B1/B2 visa under BEP on 22nd Feb '13.After a short interview, VO said my visa was approved and retained my passport and did not ask anything else.Its been 2 weeks since then and status still shows Administrative Processing and passport status shows as its still with post.Please let me know if there are any additional means to check status apart from the ustraveldocs helpcenter/chat support.

Comment

Finally, the status for me (H1B) and my wife (H4) changed to Issued today.

OFC: Feb 4, 2013
                    VI: Feb 5, 2013 (no documents asked, officer said the visas are approved but status shown was Administrative Processing)
                    Documents asked by email: Feb 28, 2013
                    Documents sent by email: March 01, 2013
                    Status updated for the first time after the visa interview date: March 13, 2013 (still showed Administrative Processing)
                    Status changed to Issued: March 14, 2013

All the best to everyone waiting on their pending cases.

Comment

visa approved but A/P on status

Originally posted by tictactoe59 View Post
                      Finally, the status for me (H1B) and my wife (H4) changed to Issued today.

OFC: Feb 4, 2013
                      VI: Feb 5, 2013 (no documents asked, officer said the visas are approved but status shown was Administrative Processing)
                      Documents asked by email: Feb 28, 2013
                      Documents sent by email: March 01, 2013
                      Status updated for the first time after the visa interview date: March 13, 2013 (still showed Administrative Processing)
                      Status changed to Issued: March 14, 2013

All the best to everyone waiting on their pending cases.
                      hi i applied for a b1 visa had my interview on 14th march VO said no issues collect ur passport in 2 working days. i went to collect and i was told passport still in the embassy chkd ceac visa status shows nessasary administrative processing plz help me its been 6 days no info. i heard everyone is told on the interview that we need some clearamnce i was not told anything like that plz send in ur advice.

Comment

[QUOTE=pathology;296629]hi i applied for a b1 visa had my interview on 14th march VO said no issues collect ur passport in 2 working days. i went to collect and i was told passport still in the embassy chkd ceac visa status shows nessasary administrative processing plz help me its been 6 days no info. i heard everyone is told on the interview that we need some clearamnce i was not told anything like that plz send in ur advice.[/QUOt

I am in a similar situation. I went for my H4 visa interview on March 11th. After 3 simple questions, the VO said that the visa is approved. Since then my case status online shows "administrative processing". I have tried contacting them through emails but all they say is that AP can take upto 60 days. Please be patient and keep waiting.

Please keep updating if you receive your passport with stamped visa.

Comment

[QUOTE=H4visa march11;296707]
                          Originally posted by pathology View Post
                          hi i applied for a b1 visa had my interview on 14th march VO said no issues collect ur passport in 2 working days. i went to collect and i was told passport still in the embassy chkd ceac visa status shows nessasary administrative processing plz help me its been 6 days no info. i heard everyone is told on the interview that we need some clearamnce i was not told anything like that plz send in ur advice.[/QUOt

I am in a similar situation. I went for my H4 visa interview on March 11th. After 3 simple questions, the VO said that the visa is approved. Since then my case status online shows "administrative processing". I have tried contacting them through emails but all they say is that AP can take upto 60 days. Please be patient and keep waiting.

Please keep updating if you receive your passport with stamped visa.
                          yeah sure i ll update on any development... but really it is frustrating!

Comment

[QUOTE=pathology;296755][QUOTE=H4visa march11;296707]

yeah sure i ll update on any development... but really it is frustrating![/QUOTEt

Hi

My status changed to "Ready" today. What I have read from other people's experience is that it should change to "Issued" in next 3 to 4 days.

What about you? any updates?

Comment

[QUOTE=pathology;296755]
                              Originally posted by H4visa march11 View Post

yeah sure i ll update on any development... but really it is frustrating!
                              hi got my passport today
                              case created 12th mar
                              int date 14th mar
                              15th mar ceac shows administrative processing
                              20th mar date is changed to 20th march but still admin processing
                              21st mar changed to issued
                              22nd mar got my passpot

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X