Visa approved but administrative processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elizabeth26 View Post
    i attended the interview for b1b2 visa last november 23,2016 and the vo told me it was approved and she even told me that i will be given a 10 year tourist us visa. i have been checking religiously and it still shows the same date it was created. November 23,2016 under administrative processing.please help. im freaking out as i have booked my holiday straight away i learned it was approved. ☹️

Do you have any update , even I got interviewed on november 23,2016 and approved but I can see as under administrative processing. Did you receive any update?Please post here.

Comment

Visa Approved but Administrative Processing

Interview Date: 28th Nov
      Visa Approved.

VO mentioned at the interview itself that she was not able to verify a few details. She mentioned education details. But said it was approved anyway. She said expect an extra 1 day delay. But just the status Administrative processing is getting on my nerves. And I have my return flight tomorrow..

Comment

Same situation

Hi,

Even I am in same situation. I attended interview on Nov 29th, 2016. I have my return flight on 13th Dec. Its been 8 days and i have not received my passport.

But the last status update date was Dec 1st . I hope its a good sign that somebody is looking into my case .

Any body with more information ?

Comment

Originally posted by san06 View Post
          Do you have any update , even I got interviewed on november 23,2016 and approved but I can see as under administrative processing. Did you receive any update?Please post here.
          Any update yet?

Comment

Administrative Processing

I had my interview on 29th in hyderabad and my visa has been in Administrative Processing ever since, no update has been made to my case, since the case creation.

Comment

H1B Experience : No Slip but went to Administrative processing and ISSUED in 1 week

Dec 1: Interview at Mumbai consulate , She said Visa approved, no slip given

Questions:
              How long have you worked for the employer?
              How did you come across this job? (Since it was a new opportunity)
              What will be your role?
              What will be your salary?
              Which city will you be based in?
              Are you aware of this? (Pointed to the know your rights brochure)
              Highest level of education?
              Are you married? Do you have any kids?
              Does your husband have a green card?
              Will he travel with you?
              Did you ever study in US ? Ans: NO (From this point onward she started noting something down on a yellow post-it)
              Did you enroll in US universities? Ans: NO, I had applied and was selected but did not join (Could those universities have processed an i-20 for me that showed up in her records??)
              So you never applied for student visa? Ans: NO, I do have a B1/B2 Visa (Continued noting down)

Finally, as she stuck the yellow post-it on the passport, she said "I am approving your visa, ideally it is processed in 2 business days but since we have some things going on at our end it may take 3-5 days".

Reading on the various forums I came across the 221-g : you may get forms asking for more documents or simply stating administrative processing as well as cases where no slips were given but the case went for administrative processing. Each consulate has a different procedure and one or more color-coded slips/forms which mean different things at different consulates- white, yellow, blue, green.

Dec 1- Dec 5 : Administrative processing (status updated on Dec 1) and "Passport is still with US Embassy/Consulate " on passport tracking site.

Dec 6: Administrative processing (status updated on Dec 6) and "Passport is still with US Embassy/Consulate " on passport tracking site.

Called the customer care number, he said it is in administrative processing and it means 221(g) (!!!). He informed that by sending them an email I can escalate the case and ask if any documents are needed to expedite the processing. I decided to wait for a couple of days.

Dec 7: Issued and by evening " Ready to pick " on passport tracking site.

Having gone through many apprehensive posts about administrative processing and 221(g) with/without slip on various forums during this past week, I wanted to share a positive experience. Hope this helps!

Comment

Similar situation

Comment

Originally posted by NDer View Post
                  Did you hear anything? I am waiting since September 1st.
                  Any update on your case?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by h1badminprocessing View Post
                  Hi,

I had my visa interview for h1b renewal at New Delhi US Consulate on September 26, 2016 and have been waiting to get my passport back since past 3 weeks. CEAC website shows "administrative processing" with date updated on October 5.

Any idea when I would get my passport back? Its getting really frustrating for me now.
                  Any update? Please let us know.

Comment

Status Updated date changed today. 15 days after the interview. but still says Administrative Processing.

Comment

• I have the same issue

Originally posted by dino87 View Post
                      Status Updated date changed today. 15 days after the interview. but still says Administrative Processing.

I have the same issue as you, I have an H1B approved petition last year while being in the US and worked for an entier year ,I hand my H1b interview on the 29th December at the US Consulate, the VO told me that my papers are in order but they cant find my petition on their system ( I assume thats PIMS) and he kept the original of the approval notice , my passport and a copy of my petition and I'm still under administrative processing since then and no updates.

Case Creation Date: 29-Nov-2016 - Administrative Processing
                      Status Updated Date (for the first time since the interview) : 11-Dec-2016 - Administrative Processing
                      Status Updated Date (it updated again today) : 13-Dec-2016 -Administrative Processing

I had to cancel my flight its a very it's a very frustrating situation and I have no clue whats going on behind the scenes, I hope that it will be resolved soon for all of us so we can get back to our normal life.

Comment

• any updates?

Originally posted by Surabhims View Post
                        Hi,

Even I am in same situation. I attended interview on Nov 29th, 2016. I have my return flight on 13th Dec. Its been 8 days and i have not received my passport.

But the last status update date was Dec 1st . I hope its a good sign that somebody is looking into my case .

Any body with more information ?

Hi surabhims, any updates on your case?

I'm still waiting myself, my case got updated the 11th, the 13th and the 18th but still in AP

Comment

• H1B Visa Renewal- Approved but Administrative Processing

Hi All i am in a similar situation.

I have been in the US for past 8 years, first on f1 and then h1. This is my first H1B renewal.
                          Visa Interview on Dec 2 and VO said Visa Approved and i should hear back in 2-3 days to collect the passport, Since then the Status shows "Administrative Processing" and not changed since then. Another thing is for some reason the case created date is October 14, i am not able to connect to that date as i submitted my DS-160 in September so it cannot be that date and then my OFC appointment was on Dec 1 and interview on Dec 2.

Can some one help?
                          Last edited by Rtrip; 12-20-2016, 03:10 AM. Reason: Spell check

Comment

• Originally posted by dino87 View Post
                            Interview Date: 28th Nov
                            Visa Approved.

VO mentioned at the interview itself that she was not able to verify a few details. She mentioned education details. But said it was approved anyway. She said expect an extra 1 day delay. But just the status Administrative processing is getting on my nerves. And I have my return flight tomorrow..
                            Dino 87: What is your status of passport now?I am in the same situation, I had my interview on dec 13th and she said can't pull up education details because of technical glitch and visa will approved with 1 or 2 days delay. It's been in processing from last 5 business days.

Comment

• I had my visa interview in Mumbai Consulate on December 7th, 2016. It was a pretty straightforward interview and at the end of the interview officer mentioned that your visa has been approved but till today December 20th, 2016 it is showing as administrative processing. I was not given 221g, didn't mention anything about admin processing nor he gave me any slip.

I am little worried as I have booked my tickets for December 25th,2016 and I have to resume work. I have emailed them and even contacted customer care but I receive generic reply. Does anyone have any idea about this?

Thanks.

Comment

• Finally the Visa is issued!

I've finally received an email today stating that my visa has been approved, the status on CEAC has changed as well to ISSUED

Interview date 11/29/2016 : the VO didn't ask me about any document apart from the petition and the approval notice and of course the passport, he told me that my papers are in order but he cant access the petition in their system he kept the passport and the documents and issued me a white 221g notice and said that I should hear from them in 2 to Weeks.

it seems like a PIMS issue but I believe that I got TALed also as I work for an IT security company and it falls under TAL list.

Case Creation Date: 29-Nov-2016 - Administrative Processing
                                Status Updated Date (for the first time since the interview) : 11-Dec-2016 - Administrative Processing
                                Status Updated Date (2nd update) : 13-Dec-2016 -Administrative Processing
                                Status Updated Date (3rd update) : 18-Dec-2016 -Administrative Processing
                                Status Updated Date (4th update) : 21-Dec-2016 -Administrative Processing then I've received the email
                                Status Updated Date (5th update) : 21-Dec-2016 - Issued after an hour from the previous email

Good luck to everyone! its a painful process but I hope that eventually everyone will have his Visa issued

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X