Visa approved but administrative processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

221g - waiting for past 3 months for status update

I appeared for my H1B Visa interview on 24-Sep-2013. Interview Officer took my documents and my passport and gave me a 221(g) form and asked me to submit my Employer's TaxReturn documents at VFS. I submitted those document the next day. It is 17-Dec-2013 and I am still waiting to get my visa and passport back. My Employer contact the state Senator and they contact the US Embassy and we are still waiting to get my case processed. Is there anyone here who can help me and let me know if there is anything me or my employer or anyone else can do to help me? This has brought my life and my family's in such a grave situation that we cant plan anything ahead. Our lives and careers are on stake and we need desperate help here and request it from all of you.

Comment

VISA Approved but Administrative Processing

Here is the my case details
      13th December 2013 - consulate appointment
      consulate officer asked few details like Current company, where I am going to work, employer name and client name and my role. VO asked me to provide all the company documents and took some time and said that he is approving the visa and I should get in 3-5 business days.
      When I check the status on CEAC it says Administrative Process from Dec 13th.
      Yesterday morning(Dec 19th) changed to "Ready" and after some time it is again Administrative Processing.

If anybody let me know in how many days I can expect my passport with VISA for pick up.

Thanks,
      Saharsh

Comment

Visa approved but administrative processing

Hi Ranjith, did you get the passport?

Originally posted by ranjitk9 View Post
        Hi Friends,

Today I attended H1B interview at hyderabad and consular officer said my visa is approved and taken my passport. But if I see the status on ceac.state.gov. My application status shows "Administrative Processing".

They did not issue any 221g to me or any other slip.

Has anyone faced this situation before?

whom should i contact regarding this?

How long does this status show?

Should I need to submit any documents?

Please help me

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks,

Ranjit.

Comment

Visa in AP

Originally posted by tictactoe59 View Post
          Finally, the status for me (H1B) and my wife (H4) changed to Issued today.

OFC: Feb 4, 2013
          VI: Feb 5, 2013 (no documents asked, officer said the visas are approved but status shown was Administrative Processing)
          Documents asked by email: Feb 28, 2013
          Documents sent by email: March 01, 2013
          Status updated for the first time after the visa interview date: March 13, 2013 (still showed Administrative Processing)
          Status changed to Issued: March 14, 2013

All the best to everyone waiting on their pending cases.
          Hi,

I have attended the H1B visa interview on 17th Dec 2013 and interview went fine, all questions answered and VO was satisfied and smiling.

After 5 min VO told me that there is big queue and we need time to review your docs and will reply to you in 1 week. She did not gave mne any slip and took all my documents including I797 and passport.

I work in EVC model and changed from L1 to H1 in US only.

Status was AP on 17th Dec.
          Today the status date got updated to 27th Dec but still AP (I checked it at around 4:45 PM).

I am not sure whether my case gone through
          AP > Approved > AP.

OR

AP > AP

I have seen post where people got their visa status as AP > Approved > AP > Ready

Not sure whats happening?

Comment

Hi akky,

Originally posted by akky1007 View Post
            Hi,

I have attended the H1B visa interview on 17th Dec 2013 and interview went fine, all questions answered and VO was satisfied and smiling.

After 5 min VO told me that there is big queue and we need time to review your docs and will reply to you in 1 week. She did not gave mne any slip and took all my documents including I797 and passport.

I work in EVC model and changed from L1 to H1 in US only.

Status was AP on 17th Dec.
            Today the status date got updated to 27th Dec but still AP (I checked it at around 4:45 PM).

I am not sure whether my case gone through
            AP > Approved > AP.

OR

AP > AP

I have seen post where people got their visa status as AP > Approved > AP > Ready

Not sure whats happening?
            Hi akky,

I think you will be in Issued status in day or two.
            The process is
            Initially AP > Ready (for some time, Status date is updated here) > again AP in couple of hours > Issued > Passport in hand.
            But my case last status updated was December 19th, 2013 in AP, I was supposed to see the Issued in 2 days, but since 19th there is no update to my case.
            Please do post your case update here.
            Which you consulate you have attended VISA interview?

Thanks,
            Saharsha.

Comment

Hi Saharsha

Originally posted by saisaharsh View Post
              Hi akky,

I think you will be in Issued status in day or two.
              The process is
              Initially AP > Ready (for some time, Status date is updated here) > again AP in couple of hours > Issued > Passport in hand.
              But my case last status updated was December 19th, 2013 in AP, I was supposed to see the Issued in 2 days, but since 19th there is no update to my case.
              Please do post your case update here.
              Which you consulate you have attended VISA interview?

Thanks,
              Saharsha.
              I went to Delhi Consulate.

Comment

Hi Akky,

Did you get the VISA?

Comment

In similar situation Did you get the visa,

I have attended for Visa interview on 27th jan
                  VO told my Visa is approved
                  29th jan status changed to ready for pick up in UStravelsdoc
                  30th jan went to OFC to collect my passport, shocked to see blue slip 221(g) with passport stating administrative processing.

Originally posted by saisaharsh View Post
                  Hi Akky,

Did you get the VISA?

Comment

Did you get your visa..

Hi Harsha...Did you get your visa...please share the information

Comment

Visa apporved

B1/B2 visa application:
                      Interview date/case created date: 04/24/2014
                      Requested additional documents on interview (got g221 blue slip)
                      Additional documents submitted 04/25/2014
                      Case status date changed to 05/05/2014
                      Status changed to ISSUED on 05/06/2014
                      Passport received 05/09/2014
                      **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ***

Comment

H1B in administrative processing

Hi Everyone,

I have a pending 485 application (Notice date Aug 11, 2007). Joined my current employer on EAD 2 years ago. Current EAD expired on May 14, 2014. Was late in filing the EAD renewal application (notice date March 31, 2014) and so the renewal is still pending. The employer did not want to take a chance and so terminated my employment with the US company on May 14, 2014 (EAD expiration date). I have had a valid H1B throughout my stay in US with 2 prior stampings at the New Delhi consulate. The latest H1B approval was under Consular processing (expiration date June 18, 2015). During discussions with my employer's attorneys, it was decided that I would travel to India, appear at the US Consulate in New Delhi, activate the H1B and travel back on it so as to minimize the work discontinuity. During all this, I was also transferred from the US payroll to India payroll from May 15, 2014. So there was no break in employment (just the entity change). This was done so I could continue to work remotely and keep all my system accesses. I landed in New Delhi on May 18th, 2014, went to OFC on May 19th and the Consulate on May 20th. During the interview that lasted a minute or so, I was asked some basic questions (Employer name, designation, how long I have been with them, Annual salary, etc). At the end of it, the officer told me that he will order for my visa to be issued. I did not receive any paper/notice/slips of any kind. I came back home hoping to receive the stamped passport in 2-3 days. When no news came of it, went online to check status to see it in "Administrative Processing". I am now stuck in New Delhi, although fully performing the same old job duties. My wife (on EAD/AP as well) and kids are meanwhile in US but flying to join me in India within the next week or so. My question now is:

1. If the H1B doesn't show any movement but the EAD renewal comes through in the meantime and is couriered to me in India, can I ask for my passport to be returned from the US Consulate in New Delhi and travel back on the new EAD?
                        2. I had previously asked my corporate attorneys if travelling to India after my EAD expiration (but renewal pending) will have any impact on my 485 application and I was flatly told "No" because I had a valid H1B and if the travel is for stamping purposes, it won't lead to "Abandonement" of my 485 application. If I do #1 above now, will it jeopardize 485?

Sorry for the long post but will appreciate any advise/feedback as this whole thing is very frustrating at the very least.

Comment

Hi akky1007 and saisaharsh

My wife appeared for her H4 visa interview on the 25th August 2014 at the US consulate in Mumbai. She went for the interview and VO asked her a few standard questions and said that her visa is approved and she will get an SMS once it is ready for pick up in the next few days. After 4 working days, she did not receive her passport and we checked the visa status on ceac.state.gov and found out that it is in administrative processing. We have called the consulate's help desk numerous times and they do not have any additional information. Also, we have not received any email from the consulate to provide extra documentation. Does anyone know by any chance as to how long it takes ?

akky1007 and saisaharsh,

I read your entries on this thread and It seems that your cases are similar to mine. It would be great if you could update the thread as to when your visas and passports got approved and also mention whether you were contacted via email and asked to provide any extra documents.

Thanks in advance.
                          Last edited by guddu49; 09-05-2014, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Visa Issued

My wife got her passport today(after 8 business days). She went to the consulate and explained to one of the consular employee at the passport collection center that she has a flight booking next week and her visa was approved. The employee was a very nice person and went inside to check on her passport. After a few minutes he came out and said that her visa is approved and her passport can be picked up from the collection location that afternoon.
                            I hope this helps anyone who faces a similar issue.

Originally posted by guddu49 View Post
                            My wife appeared for her H4 visa interview on the 25th August 2014 at the US consulate in Mumbai. She went for the interview and VO asked her a few standard questions and said that her visa is approved and she will get an SMS once it is ready for pick up in the next few days. After 4 working days, she did not receive her passport and we checked the visa status on ceac.state.gov and found out that it is in administrative processing. We have called the consulate's help desk numerous times and they do not have any additional information. Also, we have not received any email from the consulate to provide extra documentation. Does anyone know by any chance as to how long it takes ?

akky1007 and saisaharsh,

I read your entries on this thread and It seems that your cases are similar to mine. It would be great if you could update the thread as to when your visas and passports got approved and also mention whether you were contacted via email and asked to provide any extra documents.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Need assistance

Originally posted by saad2110 View Post
                              Any update on your passport??

I am also facing the same issue. I appeared for a B1/B2 visa under BEP on 22nd Feb '13.After a short interview, VO said my visa was approved and retained my passport and did not ask anything else.Its been 2 weeks since then and status still shows Administrative Processing and passport status shows as its still with post.Please let me know if there are any additional means to check status apart from the ustraveldocs helpcenter/chat support.
                              Hi Saad, The same thing happens in my case where the consulate took some additional documents like Invite letter and resume along with my passport. He also handed over the blue slip with case number in return.
                              Can you let me know when how much it will take as I applied for B1/B2? He also told you will be contacted over an email.

Comment

Need assistance

Originally posted by ib123 View Post
                                B1/B2 visa application:
                                Interview date/case created date: 04/24/2014
                                Requested additional documents on interview (got g221 blue slip)
                                Additional documents submitted 04/25/2014
                                Case status date changed to 05/05/2014
                                Status changed to ISSUED on 05/06/2014
                                Passport received 05/09/2014
                                **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ***
                                Can I get your mobile number to clarify my doubts if you dont mind?
                                Last edited by Rahul Raina; 09-09-2014, 02:42 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X