Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B2 visa expired, Asked for a visa extension but left before an answer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa expired, Asked for a visa extension but left before an answer.

Hi,

I asked for a visa extension On January 7th. My current visa was going to expired on February 12th. by that time I didn't have an answer about my visa extension so I decided to leave the country on February 9th

The thing is that I filed for a 6 months extension before expiration of my visa, then left the US to go back home (Venezuelan citizen).

My question is this, I am thinking about going back to the United States in a month. I have not broken any laws but I have a visa extension process pending, they are still reviewing my case, so I don't know if is going to be approved or denied. When I come back to the USA, should I tell the immigration officer that I have a pending case?
    will I get a new I-95? What is going to happen with my visa extension process?
    Am I going to have any problem when entering the country again?

I didn't overstayed so I guess I shouldn't have any problem.

Thanks!

1. How long did you stay in the US last time?
    2. What was your purpose of visit ? Was it B1 ( business ) or pleasure(B2)?
    3. Did you return your original I-94 to the airline while leaving US?

4. What is your purpose now when going to US next month? How long do you wish to stay?

Comment

Sir,

I feel you have nothing to worry. You left the country timely and that is all that matters. Most likely, the Immigration Officer would not even ask you anything about your extension application. If he does ask, you can share, if he does not, there is no obligation to share this information about your extension.

Again, you left the country timely, so there is nothing wrong on your part.

Hope this helps.

**These are my views based on my little experience in these matters. I am not a professional**

Comment

B2 visa expired, Asked for a visa extension but left before an answer.

Hi, Thank you for being interested in my case.

1. I stayed for 177 Days , which is 6 months.
        2. My purpose of visit was pleasure (B2)
        3. I returned it!
        4. My boyfriend is from the USA, We are moving to Jakarta in June. We have papers that prove that we're moving to jakarta, Indonesia. So I just want to visit his family, say good bye to the friends that I made there and there is also a wedding I want to asist. This time I will stay there for lest that a month.

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
        1. How long did you stay in the US last time?
        2. What was your purpose of visit ? Was it B1 ( business ) or pleasure(B2)?
        3. Did you return your original I-94 to the airline while leaving US?

4. What is your purpose now when going to US next month? How long do you wish to stay?

Comment

B2 visa expired, Asked for a visa extension but left before an answer.?

Hi, Thank you so much. I also thing that I am fine. But at the same time I feel that I stayed for too long last time ( 6 months) . I didn't do anything illegal and I can prove that I am moving to Jakarta, Indonesia in 4 months so I am not interested on living in the USA.

I woud like to know what's the right thing to do because I don't want to spend money in a plane tkt if there is a possibility that they won't allow me to enter the country. If I find out that this is a big risk I am just going to forget about going to The USA.

Thank you so much for your help.

Originally posted by Baywork View Post
          Sir,

I feel you have nothing to worry. You left the country timely and that is all that matters. Most likely, the Immigration Officer would not even ask you anything about your extension application. If he does ask, you can share, if he does not, there is no obligation to share this information about your extension.

Again, you left the country timely, so there is nothing wrong on your part.

Hope this helps.

**These are my views based on my little experience in these matters. I am not a professional**

Comment

Your extension application is not a problem in this case because you returned before the expiry of I-94,
            so that will be ignored when you enter next time.

But the problem is you are coming back so quickly after staying 6 mo nths.
            It raises suspicion that you are a potential immigrant.
            So they will stop you this time. Depending on the officer, they can either let you in with a warning, or a strict officer can even send you back
            after lots of interrogation.
            If they send you back, they will cancel your visa also.
            So plan carefully.

ADVICE;

Wait 5-6 months before your next trip to US, then you won't have any problems.
            Last edited by peace999; 02-21-2013, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Hello, Kasy019.

Peace999 is absolutely correct. Please do keep a gap ( 5-6 months) in your travel to USA, if you stayed the whole 6 months. 1 month is way too soon.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

***I am not a professional. This feedback is based on my personal experiences***

Comment

B2 extension applition - will visa become void if extendion denied?

Hello,

I am in the process of filing my B2 stay extension. Could someone clarify the following:

If my extention application gets denied, will my 10 year multiple-entry B2 visa become void?

Best Regards,

Comment

i lost my approval for B2 visa extension

i traveled back from USA in 2010 and now i want to apply for a visitors visa but i lost my visa extension and i understand they may need it at my interview. what to do i do?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X