Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Free Gold Allowance WHile returning Back to INdia

Hi

I want to know when a person(Indian citizen) is returning from USA to India after more than a year stay in US.
    How much amount of duty free Gold can he carry to India in the form of

1. Jwellery Or
    2. Bullion Gold Bar Or coin.

Please help me with allowance policy of the same

Originally posted by kankur View Post
    Hi

I want to know when a person(Indian citizen) is returning from USA to India after more than a year stay in US.
    How much amount of duty free Gold can he carry to India in the form of

1. Jwellery Or
    2. Bullion Gold Bar Or coin.

Please help me with allowance policy of the same
    1. Regarding jewellary the research on net shows "An Indian passenger who has been residing abroad for over one year is allowed to bring jewellery, free of duty in his bonafide baggage upto an aggregate value of Rs. 10,000/- (in the case of a male passenger) or Rs.20,000/- (in the case of a lady passenger)."

As you can see the limit of Rs.20,000/- will clearly be exceeded if the lady has an article of more than 10 grams. So in reality a reasonable amount of jewellery is allowed on person. Clearly the lady can not get down the plane looking like a fully decked up bride!

2. There is NO free allowance for Bullion (either bars / coins). They are dutiable from the first gram. If you are willing to pay the prescribed duty the limit is 10Kgs for Gold.

[for information only. No legal advise]

Comment

Originally posted by Raju595 View Post
      1. Regarding jewellary the research on net shows "An Indian passenger who has been residing abroad for over one year is allowed to bring jewellery, free of duty in his bonafide baggage upto an aggregate value of Rs. 10,000/- (in the case of a male passenger) or Rs.20,000/- (in the case of a lady passenger)."

As you can see the limit of Rs.20,000/- will clearly be exceeded if the lady has an article of more than 10 grams. So in reality a reasonable amount of jewellery is allowed on person. Clearly the lady can not get down the plane looking like a fully decked up bride!

2. There is NO free allowance for Bullion (either bars / coins). They are dutiable from the first gram. If you are willing to pay the prescribed duty the limit is 10Kgs for Gold.

[for information only. No legal advise]
      It has been increased to 50,000 Rs for men and 1 lakh for ladies ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X