N600 part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N600 part 1

kindly advice , i intend to submit my N 400 and N 600 for 16 year old daughter at the same time , to get it out of the way before she turns 18 . i need assistance on the form N600 part 1 where it says this application is based on the fact that???. since am not yet a citizen, how do i respond to the question . any suggestions please or any one who has been down these road ?

N600 cannot be filed before one's parent is a citizen. You'll have to wait. As long as you take the oath before she turns 18, she'll automatically become a citizen, and the N600 can be filed even after she turns 18 (though it's easier if you get it out of the way as soon as you become a citizen). You can also apply for her passport first, or at the same time (I think).

Comment

many thanks, this is really helpful

Comment

Originally posted by cafeconleche View Post
        N600 cannot be filed before one's parent is a citizen. You'll have to wait. As long as you take the oath before she turns 18, she'll automatically become a citizen, and the N600 can be filed even after she turns 18 (though it's easier if you get it out of the way as soon as you become a citizen). You can also apply for her passport first, or at the same time (I think).
        I see, thanks for this cafeconleche. My daughter is 17 so I still have some time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X