tax refund & itin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tax refund & itin

This year i did my fiances tax return and filled out the form w7 along with it to get an itin for him and we sent it out feb. 17. On march 16 we got the itin in the mail and a day later received his documents he sent along with it. So i checked on wheres my refund and nothing. Then it changed to being processed, and now for a few days it has said

We have not processed your refund because the Social Security Number, or the IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, and/or name shown on your tax return does not match our records or those of the Social Security Administration. You may have:
    filed your tax return using a maiden, married or professional name that the Internal Revenue Service and/or the Social Security Administration does not have on record, or
    misspelled your name or transposed your Social Security Number or IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
    Check your tax return for the number and name you used. If you have a Social Security Number from the Social Security Administration, please provide us with the number and name shown on the card. If you have a letter from the IRS assigning an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, please have the letter available when you contact us.

It also gives me a reference number 1441 which i looked up means wrong ssn/itin and name. Has this happened to anyone? I think what might have happened was the itin form somehow got separated from the tax return, and theres no itin or ssn on the return, and thats why its not going through. I tried calling but the person i spoke with didnt have a clue about anything and didnt kno how to help me.
    Has anyone gotten their refund delayed because of this? I would call again, but my fiance works all day and only has 1hr break and they need his verbal permission to let me talk to them about his taxes.

I have the same problem exactly as yours. Have you resolved that issue?

Thank you so much.

Comment

how to retrieve ITIN Help !!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!

I had received ITIN for my daughter and wife in 2007, since then I was in India so didn't keep track of it.
      Virtually lost the number. Is their a way to retrieve the numbers? I called IRS but they don't have option which to retrieve on the phone.
      Has anybody faced similar situation?

Comment

If you used the ITIN's on income tax returns anytime from 2007, order a transcript from IRS which would show the SSN and ITIN numbers of all family members. Go order transcripts.

--Ray B

Originally posted by gtegur1509 View Post
        I had received ITIN for my daughter and wife in 2007, since then I was in India so didn't keep track of it.
        Virtually lost the number. Is their a way to retrieve the numbers? I called IRS but they don't have option which to retrieve on the phone.
        Has anybody faced similar situation?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          If you used the ITIN's on income tax returns anytime from 2007, order a transcript from IRS which would show the SSN and ITIN numbers of all family members. Go order transcripts.

--Ray B
          Hi there! Thanks for the info! I'm pretty sure that it will help a lot especially for those who have currently similar problem to gtegur1509.

Moreover, a reviled credit product, refund anticipation loans or tax refund loans, was killed off last year via regulatory measures. It was supposed to stop people borrowing against their tax refunds. Nevertheless, numerous slightly different goods offering the same thing are alive and well. Meanwhile, a personal loan can help you pay for things until your tax refund gets here.

Best regards!
          Charmaine

Comment

itin and tax refund

Hi

I had a question regarding tax refund . presently I am in India and coming to us on apr 10th and wil apply itin after coming .As 14th is the last date to submit tax return ,can we get tax refunds . And how many days will it take to get our passport back after applying itin .

Thanks ,
            Chandana
            Last edited by chandanakurakula; 03-20-2014, 07:41 PM.

Comment

If you are going to submit your income tax return from inside the U.S., your ITIN application must accompany your tax return. You do not have to include your passport with the application, SO LONG AS YOU INCLUDE AN AUTHENTICATED COPY OF THE PASSPORT WITH THE W-7 FORM AND TAX RETURN. The passport copy can be authenticated with an "IRS Acceptance Agent" or at an IRS office.

--Ray B

Originally posted by chandanakurakula View Post
              Hi

I had a question regarding tax refund . presently I am in India and coming to us on apr 10th and wil apply itin after coming .As 14th is the last date to apply itin ,can we get tax refunds . And how many days will it take to get our passport back after applying itin .

Thanks ,
              Chandana

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X