Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400. Affiliations.

Hello everybody,

I am a permanent resident and it's going to be a while before I will be able to apply for citizenship, but I have a question that is bothering me.

The thing is that a few months ago I was solicited by a Larouche PAC member in front of a DMV office. I didn't want to seem rude and I couldn't just walk away, so I gave him $20 as a donation and left my information (Its' always been hard for me to say "NO"). In a couple of months they started calling me, saying that I'd signed up for their MEMBERSHIP and trying to invite me to their meetings. I refused every time, because I don't want to deal with them, I'm not interested in what they are doing and after looking up information about them online, I understood that I disagree with what their ideology.
    But they probably still have me listed as a member somewhere in their database.

The question is the following: will I have to list them in section 10 (questions about affiliations) and can this jeopardize my chances for becoming a US citizen in future?

Thank you in advance for your replies. I hope there is somebody, who knows the answer to my question - I've been worried about it recently.

You don't really have to answer any affiliation like that, if they forcefully/unwillingly/unknowingly enrolled you as member.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X