Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receipt Number for NEFT payment transfer

Hi,

I am applying for a J-1 VISA. I have completed my DS-160 form. I also have the DS-2019 form.

I paid the VISA fee using NEFT option. I paid it at around 4:35 PM IST today and the amount of INR 9120 has been credited to the beneficiary "BANA MUMBAI US VISA SFA" at around 6:05 PM today.

Before payment I was provided "Unique Beneficiary Account Number" and the IFSC Code of Bank of America N.A.

But inorder to schedule my appointment, I have to type the "Receipt Number" of payment in my profile created in www.ustraveldocs.com and I don't know what is the receipt number.

I have got a reference number for my transaction and a Unique Trasaction Number (UTR) for the same. Which is my receipt number? I read somewhere that my receipt number is the same as my "Unique Beneficiary Account Number" - which is of the form "TIER1.........".

Another doubt.... I have read that exchange visitors are required to bring DS-7002 form for VISA interview. But I am not aware of this form. All I have is DS-160 form which I submitted and the DS-2019 form
    from my university in USA.

Please help me out..

Thanks in advance..

Originally posted by nerdtastic View Post
    Hi,

I am applying for a J-1 VISA. I have completed my DS-160 form. I also have the DS-2019 form.

I paid the VISA fee using NEFT option. I paid it at around 4:35 PM IST today and the amount of INR 9120 has been credited to the beneficiary "BANA MUMBAI US VISA SFA" at around 6:05 PM today.

Before payment I was provided "Unique Beneficiary Account Number" and the IFSC Code of Bank of America N.A.

But inorder to schedule my appointment, I have to type the "Receipt Number" of payment in my profile created in www.ustraveldocs.com and I don't know what is the receipt number.

I have got a reference number for my transaction and a Unique Trasaction Number (UTR) for the same. Which is my receipt number? I read somewhere that my receipt number is the same as my "Unique Beneficiary Account Number" - which is of the form "TIER1.........".

Another doubt.... I have read that exchange visitors are required to bring DS-7002 form for VISA interview. But I am not aware of this form. All I have is DS-160 form which I submitted and the DS-2019 form

Please help me out..

Thanks in advance..
    Hi
    I can help your query for Ds 7002 form. This is the training plan form which has details of your J1 training plan. Your mentor/supervisor/trainer from the concerned University sends it along with the initial package for DS-2019 request. You sign in and keep it ready in case the VO ask for it. Some universities issue this whereas some dont. Ask the International services for this form.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I enquired about DS 7002 and I don't need it.

Meanwhile, the NEFT payment got activated automatically in 2.5 hours after transferring from my account. It was so easy and had no problems.

You will receive an SMS and an email once the payment is activated together with the receipt number though you don't need to type the receipt number in the profile as it will be automatically populated.

By the way, it is said I have to take the VISA FEE RECEIPT when going for the interview. BUT NEFT don't have any receipt. What should I do?

Comment

NEFT transaction not updated

Its been over 3 working days and 2 weekend days (Totally 5 days) that I paid the VISA fee over NEFT Transaction.That too a large fee amnt of more than 30K Rs. for my family. But no updates.

ICICI bank confirms that the transaction is successful.

The last 12 digits of the Unique Benififiary Accnt num also did not help when updated as receipt number. Wish I had taken the pain of getting a Axis bank challan and wld have been peaceful at mind.

Dont want to take the risk of paying again. But then in total dilemma. Any suggestions from others who had similar situation? Any BOA contact number / VISA Desk contact number we can call to verify ?

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

I am also facing a similar issue. I paid the fees on 8th may and am yet to receive a confirmation. The bank confirms that the money has been credited. Yet there is no recwipt. Any help would be appreciated.
          Originally posted by InformationIsWealth View Post
          Its been over 3 working days and 2 weekend days (Totally 5 days) that I paid the VISA fee over NEFT Transaction.That too a large fee amnt of more than 30K Rs. for my family. But no updates.

The last 12 digits of the Unique Benififiary Accnt num also did not help when updated as receipt number. Wish I had taken the pain of getting a Axis bank challan and wld have been peaceful at mind.

Dont want to take the risk of paying again. But then in total dilemma. Any suggestions from others who had similar situation? Any BOA contact number / VISA Desk contact number we can call to verify ?

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Me too

Hi, I also paid yesterday thru NEFT. Had I seen this thread yesterday, I would have choose some other payment option. Donno, how long I need to wait.
            pls let me know, if any of you got any progress on this.

Thanks,
            Haneef.

Comment

Any progress?

I have followed this path and transferred using NEFT today. Any progress for the guys who posted that it took them some time? How much time did it take for the activation after NEFT transfer??

Originally posted by haneef81 View Post
              Hi, I also paid yesterday thru NEFT. Had I seen this thread yesterday, I would have choose some other payment option. Donno, how long I need to wait.
              pls let me know, if any of you got any progress on this.

Thanks,
              Haneef.

Comment

Originally posted by akg22 View Post
                I have followed this path and transferred using NEFT today. Any progress for the guys who posted that it took them some time? How much time did it take for the activation after NEFT transfer??
                Hi AKG22,

I just paid the fee just now.

Kindly let me know when you get the confirmation and the receipt

Comment

Appointment scheduled

An update for the benefit of all:
                  The NEFT receipt number got auto-populated for me after 6 days. While wondering about the status, I had called the call center and sent and email to support id - and had gotten a reply that there was some issue with NEFT and some people's payments were not reflecting. They said 'the issue has been escalated' and asked me to keep waiting.
                  I did not receive any emails/sms informing me of the activation. My friend (who was in the same state as I was) happened to log in and check yesterday, and we could book appointments yesterday.

Comment

Shireesha

Did you get any help on this ? Delete 1st 5 letters in unique account number which created by Visa application form (Not unique transaction ID) , It usually Tier1 or Tier2 etc. Use the remaining as Receipt number.
                    Originally posted by iambangalore View Post
                    I am also facing a similar issue. I paid the fees on 8th may and am yet to receive a confirmation. The bank confirms that the money has been credited. Yet there is no receipt. Any help would be appreciated.
                    - - - Updated - - -

You can still use this amount if havnt.
                    Delete 1st 5 letters in unique account number which created by Visa application form (Not unique transaction ID) , It usually Tier1 or Tier2 etc. Use the remaining as Receipt number.

Originally posted by InformationIsWealth View Post

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Hi
                      The last 12 digits of your Unique Beneficiary Account Number is your receipt number. In my experience the payment gets automatically activated after a few hours- (in some cases after few days).

Comment

Dragon. This new adventurous will affection adventure, puzzles, riddle elements, cartoon-style graphics, and "gameplay surprises." Dtp brawl is a Hamburg, Germany-based publisher, and some of its added titles awning The Moment of Silence, Still Life, Atramentous Mirror, and the attainable Jane Jensen adventure, Gray Matter

So Albino is planned for a accustomed release, with the aboriginal adjustment traveling to German-language-speaking territories in November 2007

Comment

You get mail for confirmation

Originally posted by nerdtastic View Post
                          Hi,

Please help me out..

Thanks in advance..
                          I also used the NEFT for the payment and tried using the transaction ID for receipt and it did not work. Then read this thread and got worried if my money is gone. Also could not know how would they know if I've made a payment as I've not given any bank and transaction details to them to check.

But after couple of hours I received mail on my registered mail ID saying
                          >Receipt number xxxx has been activated and you can now schedule an appointment at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in<
                          Then I went to the link, login and clicked continue on left pane.
                          receipt number was already populated and then I booked the appointment.

It seems the account number is unique number generated for you and that is how they identify the payment.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much this information is very helpful to me

Comment

I did NEFT payment today for two DS160s for my parents. *I selected "Current" and "Domestic". * Did the online payment through Citibank India. *I did the payments for my parents, so that is okay too if the account is not in the same name as that of the primary applicant. *I did one payment for both the parents. *

After an hour or so, I sent an e-mail about the issue to "[email protected]". *I also called up the US Travel Docs Call Center (Callers in India:*Call +91 120 4844644 or +91 40 46258222. *Callers in the United States:*Call *** 703 520 2239.) and explained them the issue.

In about 3 hours or so, I got an e-mail that the*MRV receipt has been activated! *However, I don't have the receipt itself handy with me though which I think I am fine with.

Just thought I will share this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X