Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved I-140. H4 to H1

Hi Experts/Friends,

My employer filed for Labor after my 5 and half of H1b. We got RFE and I was converted to H4(my wife has H1B). I have a week left in my 6 years of H1B. Now my labor and I-140 are approved. Now i can file for H1B extension after 6 years as I have a week left.

My employer is X who applied my labor and I-140 and are approved.. Right now on H4. Can I go to new employer Y from H4 to H1B using my X employer I-140. or First I need to get H1B only from my current employer.

Please let me know the options.

Thanks,
    Remo.

I am in same situation

I am in same situation. Can someone help?
    Can we change status from H4 to H1 (after completing 6 yers on h1) with new employer having 140 approved from old employer.

Comment

Originally posted by sapremo View Post
      Hi Experts/Friends,

My employer filed for Labor after my 5 and half of H1b. We got RFE and I was converted to H4(my wife has H1B). I have a week left in my 6 years of H1B. Now my labor and I-140 are approved. Now i can file for H1B extension after 6 years as I have a week left.

My employer is X who applied my labor and I-140 and are approved.. Right now on H4. Can I go to new employer Y from H4 to H1B using my X employer I-140. or First I need to get H1B only from my current employer.

Please let me know the options.

Thanks,
      Remo.
      How were you able to file a I-140 when you are on H4, did it not require you to show current Payslips?

Comment

Hi Sapremo,

I am in the same boat as yours. Can you please send me your email id so that I can be in touch?

Thanks,
        Vinod

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X