Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B petition selected in lottery..will it impact my planning to apply for F1- visa ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B petition selected in lottery..will it impact my planning to apply for F1- visa ?

Hi Everyone ,
    My employer initiated H1B for me and it got selected in Lottery .But i wanted to pursue my masters in US .so i wanted to apply for F1 visa. My doubt is :

1) Will my F1 visa gets denied being known for visa officer that H1B is petitioned for me..? Awaiting for admits from universties . If everything goes well, i will be attending F1-visa interview in the month of October . What happens to my F1-visa ,if i get H1B by that time.. ?

2) What should i do ..do i need to ask my employer now itself to not to process further my H1B visa process ?

Please suggest me, i am in a dilemma that , should i ask my employer to withdraw from H1B process further but what if F1-visa gets rejected (or) while attending for F1-visa,will my H1B petition impact my F1-visa approval ?

Please help me ...my legs are on two boats now...please save mee... Appreciate your valuable answers/suggestions

Thanks

Originally posted by kumar_bly View Post
    Hi Everyone ,
    My employer initiated H1B for me and it got selected in Lottery .But i wanted to pursue my masters in US .so i wanted to apply for F1 visa. My doubt is :

1) Will my F1 visa gets denied being known for visa officer that H1B is petitioned for me..? Awaiting for admits from universties . If everything goes well, i will be attending F1-visa interview in the month of October . What happens to my F1-visa ,if i get H1B by that time.. ?

2) What should i do ..do i need to ask my employer now itself to not to process further my H1B visa process ?

Please suggest me, i am in a dilemma that , should i ask my employer to withdraw from H1B process further but what if F1-visa gets rejected (or) while attending for F1-visa,will my H1B petition impact my F1-visa approval ?

Please help me ...my legs are on two boats now...please save mee... Appreciate your valuable answers/suggestions

Thanks

Guys, pls help me out...

Comment

Decisions are to be made by you, not us. If you want to TRULY study then F-1 is fine. If your ultimate intention is immigration then H1-B option is better. I would always go with H1-B though because while on H1-B visa you are allowed to study part-time.

Comment

Hi,
        I am also in a similar situation,
        can you please let me know what you had done?

Comment

Hi

I am in a similar situation but with L1 visa.
          @Rajesh/Kumar - can you tell what course of action you took and how did it work out?

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X