Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling to Chennai through Frankfurt with expired H1B. Do I need transit visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to Chennai through Frankfurt with expired H1B. Do I need transit visa?

Hi
    My H1B expired in Mar 2013. I have the approved 1797 and new I94 valid till Mar 2014. I'm planning to travel to India in Oct 2013 through Frankfurt. Will it be an issue to transit through Frankfurt without a valid H1B? Should I opt for a different airline or get a transit visa?

Thanks for your help
    Geetha

Read https://www.immihelp.com/foreign-tra...ia-usa-travel/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Did you travel and face any issue?

Hi,

I am in same condition now... Were u able to travel without any issue.. Can you please update me?

Thanks...

Originally posted by gayyakkannu View Post
      Hi
      My H1B expired in Mar 2013. I have the approved 1797 and new I94 valid till Mar 2014. I'm planning to travel to India in Oct 2013 through Frankfurt. Will it be an issue to transit through Frankfurt without a valid H1B? Should I opt for a different airline or get a transit visa?

Thanks for your help
      Geetha

Comment

Hi,

I am in same condition now... Were u able to travel without any issue.. Can you please update me?

Thanks...

Comment

Hi Did anyone travel??? Can someone confirm whether transit visa is required or not in this case?

Comment

Originally posted by deep_p View Post
            Hi Did anyone travel??? Can someone confirm whether transit visa is required or not in this case?
            i did travel from US to INDIA last time (3 yrs back) with same situation. No transit visa is needed for INDIAN citizens going from US to INDIA.

Again travelling this time (again H1 is expired). However I got email confirmation from German Embassy that no transti VISA needed.

Comment

Hi Sunrag1,

I am writing to German Embassy on the same topic, but not getting any response.

will you be able to give the email id of the person, who responded to you? Have a printout of the email during travel will be much more comfortable & will give peace of mind.

Originally posted by sunrag1 View Post
              i did travel from US to INDIA last time (3 yrs back) with same situation. No transit visa is needed for INDIAN citizens going from US to INDIA.

Again travelling this time (again H1 is expired). However I got email confirmation from German Embassy that no transti VISA needed.

Comment

Originally posted by cpmub1 View Post
                Hi Sunrag1,

I am writing to German Embassy on the same topic, but not getting any response.

will you be able to give the email id of the person, who responded to you? Have a printout of the email during travel will be much more comfortable & will give peace of mind.
                I sent clarification their online system and got reply like below.

No.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely,

Elten Simmang

Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
                1330 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 1850
                Houston, TX 77056

Tel.: (001) 713-985 3396
                Fax: (001) 713-627 0506
                E-Mail: [email protected]

Comment

Just want to check an update..

Originally posted by sunrag1 View Post
                  I sent clarification their online system and got reply like below.

No.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely,

Elten Simmang

Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
                  1330 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 1850
                  Houston, TX 77056

Tel.: (001) 713-985 3396
                  Fax: (001) 713-627 0506
                  E-Mail: [email protected]

DId you complete your travel to india with your expired visa through Frankfurt. Could you share your experience? Thanks very much for providing the email, I have sent email to them just to have a reference during my travel.

Comment

Hello

Originally posted by kvbhaskar7 View Post
                    DId you complete your travel to india with your expired visa through Frankfurt. Could you share your experience? Thanks very much for providing the email, I have sent email to them just to have a reference during my travel.

Hi,

Did you completed your travel? Does it require transit visa or not for expired H1-B visa?

Thanks,
                    Kinshuk

Comment

H1B expired with valid I-797, Transit Visa ?

I am also travelling to DEL via Frankfurt and have expired US visa H1B. Do I need any transit visa for Frankfurt Germany,
                      Anyone have any recent experiences ?

My Flight is from SFO->FRA->DEL with arrival and departure from the same terminal 1.

Kindly share your recent experiences. My travel is coming next week.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X