Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is Application Receipt/Petition Number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is Application Receipt/Petition Number?

Hi Everyone!

I am applying for the H1b Visa and filling out the DS 160 form and its asking me for the Application Receipt/Petition Number? I have no idea what it is? What should I mention ?

Also I am filling the Appointment date form and it is asking me for the the Petitioner details? What should I mention?

Which HDFC banks I can use? Are there any specific branches?

Your info will be very helpful.

All the best

Petition number / Appln number is EAC or WAC number. It is the I797 number, that is unique for your case.

Petitioner details are details of your employer.

you should go to your nearest Axis or Citi bank branches. After you complete DS form and details in cgi site, take the print out to any nearest branch and they will you give you the reference number after payment. That reference number is needed for the interview date selection as part of the final process.

All the best

Comment

i cant fill ds160 untill i get the I 797 then?

Originally posted by mrcoolbuddy View Post
      Petition number / Appln number is EAC or WAC number. It is the I797 number, that is unique for your case.

Petitioner details are details of your employer.

you should go to your nearest Axis or Citi bank branches. After you complete DS form and details in cgi site, take the print out to any nearest branch and they will you give you the reference number after payment. That reference number is needed for the interview date selection as part of the final process.

All the best
      i cant fill ds160 untill i get the I 797 then?? is that true please confirm. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by raghavesh_p View Post
        Hi Everyone!

I am applying for the H1b Visa and filling out the DS 160 form and its asking me for the Application Receipt/Petition Number? I have no idea what it is? What should I mention ?

Also I am filling the Appointment date form and it is asking me for the the Petitioner details? What should I mention?

When filling out the DS-160 form for an H1B visa application, the Application Receipt/Petition Number typically refers to the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) receipt number associated with your H1B petition. This number is generated when your employer files the H1B petition on your behalf. It is a 13-character alphanumeric code that can be found on the H1B petition approval notice (I-797A, Notice of Action)

Comment

Originally posted by raghavesh_p View Post
          Hi Everyone!

Application Receipt/Petition Number:
          • This is a unique identifier assigned to your H1B visa petition by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
          • You should find this number on the receipt notice that USCIS sent you after they received your petition.
          • It usually starts with three letters (e.g., EAC, LIN, WAC) followed by 10 numbers.
          • If you can't find your receipt notice, you can contact USCIS at 1-800-375-5283 or create an online account to access your case status.
          • If you haven't received a receipt notice yet, you should not fill out the DS-160 form until you do.

Petitioner Details:
          • This refers to your employer who is sponsoring your H1B visa.
          • You should provide their full legal name, address, and contact information.
          • You can also find this information on your H1B petition documents.

HDFC Banks:
          • You can use any HDFC bank for your H1B visa interview fee payment. There are no specific branches designated for this purpose.
          • However, it's recommended to visit a branch that is familiar with processing visa fee payments to avoid any delays.
          • You can check with your local HDFC bank branch for more specific information and assistance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X