Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unauthorized Employment (without CPT) URRGENTT HELPPP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unauthorized Employment (without CPT) URRGENTT HELPPP!!!!

Hello,

I was working for a company without completing the CPT processing/ approval. I did not know that it has to be completely approved. And after 3 days of my work I get a payroll. I still did not realize I was working without authorization. Later that week my employer received a Notice of Tentative Nonconfirmation from the DHS. I then had called the DHS E-verify(number was provided in the form), in that conversation she told that I am not authorized by the university. I was in shock and I immediately spoke to my school's DSO. She was completely mad at me and asked me to resign immediately. That is when I realized that I am working without authorization. And now I am in a very very big trouble. My DSO says the only way to solve this may be to exit and re-enter the US with a new i-20, and come back to USA without any problem at port of entry. After I enter I can continue my studies but the immigration rules are the same as your first time entrance to US with F-1 visa(I have to study for 2 semesters minimum and do not work off-campus for the same time.) After that period is when I can be issued with a new CPT/OPT. The other way to this problem is to complete your education and leave the US immediately. I am so worried, it was my carelessness that led to this. PLEASE help me out. Is this the only way out of this situation?? Is there any other way ?? Does any one know of any such cases or similar cases?? PLEASE HELP ME!!! I don't have much time to decide. Can any one suggest whom to approach!!! It is a very terrible situation. Please reply me with whatever information you havee.

Consult an experienced immigration attorney.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by dfghj View Post
      Hello,

I was working for a company without completing the CPT processing/ approval. I did not know that it has to be completely approved. And after 3 days of my work I get a payroll. I still did not realize I was working without authorization. Later that week my employer received a Notice of Tentative Nonconfirmation from the DHS. I then had called the DHS E-verify(number was provided in the form), in that conversation she told that I am not authorized by the university. I was in shock and I immediately spoke to my school's DSO. She was completely mad at me and asked me to resign immediately. That is when I realized that I am working without authorization. And now I am in a very very big trouble. My DSO says the only way to solve this may be to exit and re-enter the US with a new i-20, and come back to USA without any problem at port of entry. After I enter I can continue my studies but the immigration rules are the same as your first time entrance to US with F-1 visa(I have to study for 2 semesters minimum and do not work off-campus for the same time.) After that period is when I can be issued with a new CPT/OPT. The other way to this problem is to complete your education and leave the US immediately. I am so worried, it was my carelessness that led to this. PLEASE help me out. Is this the only way out of this situation?? Is there any other way ?? Does any one know of any such cases or similar cases?? PLEASE HELP ME!!! I don't have much time to decide. Can any one suggest whom to approach!!! It is a very terrible situation. Please reply me with whatever information you havee.
      Hi. I am trying to help a friend with a similar situation. Did you contact a lawyer? What happened? Any information from your end will help us make an informed choice. In my friend's case, the admissions office did not tell her about CPT. Instead she was asked to fill up an independant study form that she thought was the permit document to work part-time off campus. ONly later she came know to know that she needs to use this independant study form to get her CPT, which is the actual permit document. She is infact ready to give back the money to the employer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X