Stuck with insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck with insurance

I'm having trouble figuring out a good health insurance to get. I'm 21 and have a green card. I arrive in the US in a few weeks. I'll be going to college there for a year, the college offers insurance but it's quite expensive, and still leaves me with no insurance after my year studying.

I was looking at American Patriot insurance, any thoughts?

You said you have green card. Do you actually have green card or are you coming to the US on immigrant visa?

If you have green card, you must have been to the U.S. before and possibly lived here. Please let us know for how long you had lived in the U.S. and what insurance you had at that time. For how long you have been living outside the U.S.

When you come to the U.S., what place will be living in?
    Thanks & Regards
    Narendra Khatri

Toll Free: (866) INSU-BUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Originally posted by narendra View Post
      You said you have green card. Do you actually have green card or are you coming to the US on immigrant visa?

If you have green card, you must have been to the U.S. before and possibly lived here. Please let us know for how long you had lived in the U.S. and what insurance you had at that time. For how long you have been living outside the U.S.

When you come to the U.S., what place will be living in?
      I don't have the physical green card yet - I have the immigrant visa in my passport for a green card, just need to enter and activate it. I've been to the US many times on visits. Only ever had temporary travel insurance.

I'll be a resident of Arkansas, but I'm going to Nebraska for 1 year for school.

Comment

Patriot America is fine in general. You can purchase it online at https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-america-insurance/

However, one thing to keep in mind is that most schools have the minimum requirements that must be met for student insurance. If you find that out and let us know, we can confirm whether a particular plan would meet those requirements.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY

Comment

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
          Patriot America is fine in general. You can purchase it online at https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-america-insurance/

However, one thing to keep in mind is that most schools have the minimum requirements that must be met for student insurance. If you find that out and let us know, we can confirm whether a particular plan would meet those requirements.
          Okay I found out the minimum requirements:

"Equivalent health insurance benefits must include:
          At least $250,000.00 of coverage
          A deductible no greater than $400.00
          Unlimited medical evacuation and repatriation benefits
          Coverage for each semester when enrolled in class. Coverage periods run from August 14 through December 31 and January 1 through August 13."

Would Patriot America allow things like visits to the university doctors and stuff?

Comment

Patriot America does not cover unlimited medical evacuation and repatriation benefits.

Emergency Medical Evacuation - $500,000
            Return of Mortal Remains - $50,000

Those are amounts are well beyond someone would every require.

However, you should check with your school whether that would be acceptable to them.

Patriot America will cover Dr visits as long as they are for new medical conditions, injuries or accidents that occur after the effective date of the policy and is not for an excluded benefit. Please read the brochure for complete details.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Patriot America does not cover unlimited medical evacuation and repatriation benefits.

Emergency Medical Evacuation - $500,000
              Return of Mortal Remains - $50,000

Those are amounts are well beyond someone would every require.

However, you should check with your school whether that would be acceptable to them.

Patriot America will cover Dr visits as long as they are for new medical conditions, injuries or accidents that occur after the effective date of the policy and is not for an excluded benefit. Please read the brochure for complete details.
              I know it will include Dr visits for new conditions etc. But I just meant would the university campus doctors work, or does it have to be specific doctors that I could be seen by under Patriot America. I'll check with the school if those amounts are sufficient.

I might get a months coverage for myself anyways as I don't start school until late August and need coverage beforehand anyways, and then take them the policy and see if they'll accept it and if they will, I can just extend, right?

Comment

1. You can visit any doctor you like. There is no restriction.
                2. OK. Fine.
                3. Yes, you can extend, as long as you have purchased for a minimum one month initially.
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

1. You can visit any doctor you like. There is no restriction.
                  2. OK. Fine.
                  3. Yes, you can extend, as long as you have purchased for a minimum one month initially.
                  I signed up, but it was confusing. It asked country of citizenship, destination country, then home country. Wouldn't allow me to pick US as home country, so I picked Australia. But then it asks later about return date to home country? I don't have a return date... it's new immigrant insurance? Confusing. I made it for some time in 2014 anyways.

Comment

Country of Citizenship = The country you are citizen of.
                    Destination Country = USA
                    Home Country = Where you currently live.

Date of Return to Home Country = When you would like to expire the insurance.

Please note that plans like Patriot America are purchased not only by new immigrants but mostly by tourists and people in many other situations.
                    Thanks & Regards
                    Insubuy

Comment

Country of Citizenship = The country you are citizen of.
                      Destination Country = USA
                      Home Country = Where you currently live.

Date of Return to Home Country = When you would like to expire the insurance.

Please note that plans like Patriot America are purchased not only by new immigrants but mostly by tourists and people in many other situations.

It didn't allow me to put US as my home country though - it wasn't an option for home country, but that is where I currently live. I put my return date as sometime next year however I only paid for 1 month and a week of insurance at this point..

Comment

Home Country = The country where you lived immediately before traveling to the USA
                        Thanks & Regards
                        Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X