Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me :(...221g for f1 visa . nearing 60 days:(

Hello all,
    I applied for a f1 visa at chennai consulate and was given a pink slip 221g on 4th june 2013 and my passport was retained by them. It is still under administrative processing only. As im nearing the 60 day mark , I am deeply under confusion whether I will attend my university for the fall semester as planned. I20 states last day for joining as 22nd august 2013. Please guide me what has to be done once my 60 days has elapsed and will the consulate really expedite the case for f1 students or its the same for all.
    Awaiting your replies.
    Thank you

In the same boat

I am sailing in the same boat... I got a 221g on 28th may I am waiting since almost two months. There's no update from the consulate. My last date of joining in US is 26th may. Have gone under tremendous mental torture.

Comment

Did you contact the chennai consulate or mailed them since its gonna b 60 days for u already??

Comment

It's a waiting game

In the pink slip it'd mentioned that I can contact only after 90 days. I don't know what to do till then.. I will miss my deadline.. Will have to ask for extension and all.. I wonder how the consulate can take more than 2 months to process a visa that too who has been given pink slip only on the ground of the name. There's hardly anything the Vo asked.

Comment

Originally posted by shabeer111 View Post
          Hello all,
          I applied for a f1 visa at chennai consulate and was given a pink slip 221g on 4th june 2013 and my passport was retained by them. It is still under administrative processing only. As im nearing the 60 day mark , I am deeply under confusion whether I will attend my university for the fall semester as planned. I20 states last day for joining as 22nd august 2013. Please guide me what has to be done once my 60 days has elapsed and will the consulate really expedite the case for f1 students or its the same for all.
          Awaiting your replies.
          Thank you
          Hi
          I am in the same nightmare. I am an Iranian who applied from Germany for my US visa. I was living there for 2 years , and I wanted to renew my visa for my phd .... It is been almost 2 month that my case is under administrative process.. I am so anxious .... is your visa got through?!
          the strange thing is that my status has no update on CAEC website .... is nt it strange ?!
          thanks for your reply in advance,
          Behnaz

Comment

Processes have slowed down

I am sailing in the same boat... It's been 75+ days... Pink slip 221g..i have received an update through some friends in the US that the visa processes have been slowed down looking st the trend in which the visas are getting issued.... It is highly possible we may end losing our semester term and postpone our semester. For more info or discussion email on [email protected]

Salmaan Faraaz Khan

Comment

Originally posted by salfar87 View Post
              I am sailing in the same boat... It's been 75+ days... Pink slip 221g..i have received an update through some friends in the US that the visa processes have been slowed down looking st the trend in which the visas are getting issued.... It is highly possible we may end losing our semester term and postpone our semester. For more info or discussion email on [email protected]

Salmaan Faraaz Khan
              Hello,

You can defer your admission to next semester. Your I-20 is valid for one year from the date you received it and you can defer it for one year. But, you need to notify the grad school and also a graduate committee chair of the department. You'll find the contact address in grad school website and department website respectively in the University's website.

Good luck !!

Comment

Originally posted by behnaz View Post
                Hi
                I am in the same nightmare. I am an Iranian who applied from Germany for my US visa. I was living there for 2 years , and I wanted to renew my visa for my phd .... It is been almost 2 month that my case is under administrative process.. I am so anxious .... is your visa got through?!
                the strange thing is that my status has no update on CAEC website .... is nt it strange ?!
                thanks for your reply in advance,
                Behnaz
                Hello all. I have also applied to renew my student visa from Canada. Could someone please let me know what happened to the suspended cases eventually??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X