Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Entry in Observations page of Passport - Schengen Visa

Hi
    My passport was issued in June 2011. My complete name (first & last name) was changed after marriage. So while all the entries in the passport are printed and the passport was made as per my new name, in the observations page of the passport, the following is written
    "The holder was previously known as (this is a seal - not printed)" - Original name written manually with a ball point pen.

I plan to go to Budapest on a tourist visa - however, the link below says that "Indian passports that contain a manual entry (observation) made after 01.04.2010, if the biographical data of the passport holder has changed." will not be accepted for processing by the embassy. The same requirement is also mentioned in the Poland Embassy requirements.

What does manual entry mean? Is the entry made in the observations page of my passport also considered manual? If yes, what options do I have in the future as this is the standard way of providing name change details in Indian passports. Has anyone managed to get the earlier name printed in the observations page?

Thanks!

Found any resolution

My son has same problem. His name was changed from birth certificate name and passport was issued for first time in 2012. They mentioned in observation that holder was previously known as______. Did you have any resolution for this issue with our passport office concerned?

Comment

Request for reply

Hi , could you please share how this problem was resolved for you all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X