Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that possible to update DS-160 after submission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help regarding ds 160

I have filled my form DS 160 and taken the appointment as well. In d form i have mentioned my intended stay in US for three months but now my plan has changed and would like to stay just for a month. How can i change that, is there any way out?

Comment

DS160, once submitted, cannot be changed.

Comment

please help

Hi,
        I already schedule for an interview and realized that I have mistake on my DS160 application..my birthplace and it did not coincide what was wriiten on my passport and the middle name of my husband, I made a wrong entry instead of family name first the middle name, it was interchanged.I am applying for B1/B2, just to take an exam in Guam and holds all the supporting documents of taking the exam. Would there be big problem on it? Please help, I am so worried if I get denied because of it.

Comment

Hi

Can i fill a new DS160 after OFC appointment. For secondary education details, I only filled my most recent education details (i.e. undergraduate degree). Should I be filling a new form for the same?

Comment

Originally posted by punekargauri View Post
            Hi

Can i fill a new DS160 after OFC appointment. For secondary education details, I only filled my most recent education details (i.e. undergraduate degree). Should I be filling a new form for the same?
            Please avoid multiple posts on the same topic!

Comment

Incorrect date of birth

Hi All,

I filled ds160 for my mother and she is scheduled for interview on 21 June 2016.
              Today, while reviewing the application I found that her date of birth is wrongly filled. In place of July I did it June.
              Would need your suggestions what should I do in this case as I am left with just couple of days.

Comment

Experience in filling wrong info on DS-160

2 weeks ago, I applied for nonimmigrant visa and, like all of you, I mistakenly filled in the wrong place of birth, already submitted the DS-160 and already paid the interview fees. I was panic at that time, too but problems all solved out and yes, I got my visa.

Here's how I got through.

I first called my local US embassy and they responded that according to procedure, I need to cancel the interview and reschedule my appointment with the new barcode (of the new DS160 form with corrected information) (if you have already paid the fees, you can reschedule 3 times maximum without any additional charge, that's what they said). However, because it was only 5 days before my interview, the appointment had been processed to their database, thus I could not reschedule my appointment. The only thing I could do, they suggested, is to be absent in the interview and the day after, the option "Reschedule my appointment" would appear again on my dashboard.

But I was in a hurry, I did not want any more procrastination so I submitted the Embassy's online inquiry form and they answered: "Applicants will be able to correct the information on the DS-160 after the interview takes place at the Consulate. The consular officer will review and determine if the form needs to be reopened to allow the applicants to update the information."

That was a nice solution, but I was still scared if the on-the-spot correction would hurt my chance of getting visa. So again, I emailed a different department: [email protected]. THIS. They immediately replied, telling me to send them "the scanned copy of your new DS-160 confirmation page for reference." I sent it to them and to my utter delight, they emailed me back: "Please be informed that your profile has been updated with your new DS-160 confirmation number. Kindly log in to your profile to view the updated details and print out a new appointment confirmation."

After that, all I have to do is printing out the new confirmation page and appointment confirmation and bringing them to the interview like no correction at all has taken place. Thank you so much U.S.

My overall advice is when realized you've filled in something wrong in the DS-160 form, first immediately submit a new one with all the corrected information (make sure you don't make any mistake this time). Then, call or email every contact possible that have the authority to deal with your problem (remember to mention both the code of your old and new DS-160 form). As you've seen from my experience, all the responses I received were offered with completely different solutions. Even if they are all contacts of U.S. nonimmigrant visa departments, the agents dealing with our inquiry are different people with different approaches. So, contact them until you received the most suitable assistance.

P/s: I don't know if quoting the emails would cause any problems. I only want to help people with the same problem and do not hold any malicious intent. So if quoting does cause problems, please don't hesitate to tell me and I will be happy to remove them immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by zaboo179 View Post
                  2 weeks ago, I applied for nonimmigrant visa and, like all of you, I mistakenly filled in the wrong place of birth, already submitted the DS-160 and already paid the interview fees. I was panic at that time, too but problems all solved out and yes, I got my visa.

Here's how I got through.

I first called my local US embassy and they responded that according to procedure, I need to cancel the interview and reschedule my appointment with the new barcode (of the new DS160 form with corrected information) (if you have already paid the fees, you can reschedule 3 times maximum without any additional charge, that's what they said). However, because it was only 5 days before my interview, the appointment had been processed to their database, thus I could not reschedule my appointment. The only thing I could do, they suggested, is to be absent in the interview and the day after, the option "Reschedule my appointment" would appear again on my dashboard.

But I was in a hurry, I did not want any more procrastination so I submitted the Embassy's online inquiry form and they answered: "Applicants will be able to correct the information on the DS-160 after the interview takes place at the Consulate. The consular officer will review and determine if the form needs to be reopened to allow the applicants to update the information."

That was a nice solution, but I was still scared if the on-the-spot correction would hurt my chance of getting visa. So again, I emailed a different department: [email protected]. THIS. They immediately replied, telling me to send them "the scanned copy of your new DS-160 confirmation page for reference." I sent it to them and to my utter delight, they emailed me back: "Please be informed that your profile has been updated with your new DS-160 confirmation number. Kindly log in to your profile to view the updated details and print out a new appointment confirmation."

After that, all I have to do is printing out the new confirmation page and appointment confirmation and bringing them to the interview like no correction at all has taken place. Thank you so much U.S.

My overall advice is when realized you've filled in something wrong in the DS-160 form, first immediately submit a new one with all the corrected information (make sure you don't make any mistake this time). Then, call or email every contact possible that have the authority to deal with your problem (remember to mention both the code of your old and new DS-160 form). As you've seen from my experience, all the responses I received were offered with completely different solutions. Even if they are all contacts of U.S. nonimmigrant visa departments, the agents dealing with our inquiry are different people with different approaches. So, contact them until you received the most suitable assistance.

P/s: I don't know if quoting the emails would cause any problems. I only want to help people with the same problem and do not hold any malicious intent. So if quoting does cause problems, please don't hesitate to tell me and I will be happy to remove them immediately.
                  Hi zaboo179,

Thank you for sharing your experience. This is really helpful. I am going to Vancouver Consulate for stamping. My parents are right now not in US but they will arrive one week prior to the stamping interview (unless anything changes). I will need to resubmit DS-160 with the updated family information.

Is [email protected] a common email id to submit DS-160 request?

Thanks,
                  Mohit
                  Last edited by mohit7269; 06-24-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mohit7269 View Post
                    Hi zaboo179,

Thank you for sharing your experience. This is really helpful. I am going to Vancouver Consulate for stamping. My parents are right now not in US but they will arrive one week prior to the stamping interview (unless anything changes). I will need to resubmit DS-160 with the updated family information.

Is [email protected] a common email id to submit DS-160 request?

Thanks,
                    Mohit
                    Yes, the email id is the official visa customer service representative. I suggest you should first email support-[your country]@ustraveldocs.com (you can find the email id on the webpage of the US embassy at your country) and they will direct you to [email protected], cause that's what I did.

Comment

Yes, the email id is the official visa customer service representative. I suggest you should first email support-[your country]@ustraveldocs.com (you can find the email id on the webpage of the US embassy at your country) and they will direct you to [email protected], cause that's what I did.
                      Thank you.

Comment

DS-160 Error - Chennai Consulate

Hi All

I am a new member to immihelp and did take advice after reading the comments on this thread by mohit7269. Below is what happened.

Biometrics date: 8 Aug 2016, Visa Interview - 9 Aug 2016 (already scheduled) - Chennai Consulate (10 am both days)

DS-160 - I filled out my DS-160 form and a week before I flew to India, realized I made an error in the form (Have you ever visited any other country within last five years?). I kind of panicked and started researching on google for any resolution without me have to reschedule the appointment. As mentioned by mohit7269 I sent an email out to travel docs support resources but they were not able to update my profile since I had already scheduled my appointment (that's what they responded) but they did suggest to take both new and old DS-160 form confirmation to Biometrics and they should honor the new one.

Day of Biometrics: Kodambakkam location -

I reached at around 9:50 am and was immediately let in to the building. The lower level of the building has a small corner office where you can get DS-160 corrections made (in case you have not filled a new one by yourself). I took both the old and new DS-160 confirmation page and stood in the first queue. They verified the information in my passport and DS-160 and told me to go to the next queue (upstairs). The lady at the table told me to take the new DS-160 form and not worry about the old one . Next queue, this guy was again verifying my new DS 160 and passport with what was in the system and pasted a sticker on my passport with old DS-160 info and wrote "Edit-ZZZ" on the new DS 160 confirmation page to indicate I have a new DS-160 instead of what is in the system. Then I go to the next line, where this lady looked at my passport, verified that I have a new DS-160 and took a new sticker and pasted it on top of the old one. This sticker had my new DS 160 confirmation no on it and she gave me a token number. I went to the window when my token number was called and the guy behind the window took my fingerprints, picture and verified my name, date of birth and language preference. That's all. Biometrics was over.

Day of Interview - Anna Salai

I am not sure things have changed or was it that day, but irrespective of your time slots, they asked everybody to stand in the initial queue outside the consulate building. They gave preference to elderly ones and couples with kids. So there are chances if you go early you can get in too. I stood in the same line and passed through security and rest of the as usual queues and stood in front of the officer for interview. Below are the questions the officer asked before approving my Visa

1. Who is your petitioner? YYYY
                        2. How long have you been with the company? X year X months
                        3. What is your salary?$......
                        4. Who is your client? I did not give out the name of the client but informed it is one of the largest xxxx in the US.
                        5. Will you be working at client location? I said I have a base location but will travel to client location

That’s all.

Thanks Mohit7269 . Your comments helped me to overcome my DS-160 error fear

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by h1bexten View Post
                          Hi,

I am going to India on December 4th and will get married on Dec 13. Post that I will be out to Bali and Malaysia and will be back on Dec 27.

I have received my H1B extension petition but my Visa needs to be stamped in India. I have two questions over here.

1) Can i submit DS160 and take the Interview date of Dec 29 and 30 by now itself?
                          2) IF yes, then what should i answer in the question " Have you visited any other countries in last 5 years" because right now i will say No but when i go for Interview i would like visited Indonesia and Malaysia.

Thanks

Could you please tell me what you did in the above case?.. I am also facing the same kind of situtation.

Comment

Help. Please

Hi, I'm from Mexico and just made an appointment to renew my tourist US Visa; but as I was filling out my DS160 I made a typo mistake on the date of my previous visa issue date, I typed 27 instead of 28, because I thought that just like mexican passports, visas expired the same day as they were issued.
                            Now, I realized of the mistake as I was making my appointment, so my DS160 was already signed and submitted, it is already paid for. My appointment is next week
                            What should I do now? Is it really unforgivable mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by Ekta Saini View Post
                              Could you please tell me what you did in the above case?.. I am also facing the same kind of situtation.
                              I am also facing the same situation please let me know what you all have done

Comment

Hi,

1. Submitted DS-160 for me and my wife (H1B and H4).

2. Updated the account profile with the DS-160 confirmation numbers.

3. Paid visa fees and printed out Dropbox confirmation letter.

Now I see a correction in my wife's DS-160(H4). So created a new application from the previous one, modified and submitted. On the new dropbox confirmation letter, I did not see any changes. Do we need to carry both DS160 confirmations of my wife while submitting documents in dropbox location?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X