Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that possible to update DS-160 after submission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that possible to update DS-160 after submission?

Hi All, I've submitted my DS-160 and made appointment like couple month ago, but in the past two month, I changed my address (I'm currently in US), so the Address you will be stay in America need to be updated. So is there anyway I can update the DS-160 without cancelling and re-schedule appointment?
    Thanks a lot!

Re:Is that possible to update DS-160 after submission?

Hi Alex,

I am in the same situation as you are. I was wondering what you did...have you cancelled the old DS form and filled a new one and rescheduled? please help me...I've been trying to get a proper answer since a week and im still confused as to what is the right way to do it. thanks!

Comment

DS-160 Mistakes

It depends on the mistake you made:
      1. For men over 16 years old, if you made a mistake answering the question about GENDER OR PURPOSE OF TRAVEL, you need to fill out a new DS 160 form and print the new confirmation page.
      2. For all applicants: if you made a mistake answering the question about biographical data such as: passport number, names, addresses, or phone numbers, you can correct the information yourself in the form. If you cannot make the correction in the form, on the day of the interview you should inform the person receiving your documents about the mistake. Please do not miss your appointment due to an error found in your application.
      3. For all applicants: if you made a mistake answering the questions about your family, education, travel, or any security-related question, you must complete a new DS-160 form and print a new confirmation page.

Q. The Applicant filled out the DS 160 and submitted it. Two days later and several days before the interview, the Applicant realized that a mistake had been made. Now the Applicant wants to correct the information on the DS 160 before the interview. What should the Applicant do?
      A. Once the Applicant has submitted the DS 160 online application, the application cannot be accessed to make changes. In order to make changes, a new DS 160 must be filled out and submitted so that a new bar code will be generated, which must be taken to the interview at the U.S. Consulate/Kyiv.
      If the Applicant realizes that there are errors in the submitted information after being scheduled for an interview appointment, the Applicant should cancel the interview, fill out a new DS 160 and schedule a new interview appointment with a new confirmation sheet and barcode.
      However, in case of a minor spelling error, the Applicant may attend the scheduled interview and inform the Consular Officer of the error without completing a new form.
      Applicants should know that incorrect information on the DS 160 will impact the information printed on the visa and may result in the U.S. Consulate/Kyiv requesting a new DS 160 before completing the visa interview.

- - - Updated - - -

DS-160 Making changes
      IMPORTANT: Changes to the DS-160 can only be made BEFORE you electronically sign and submit it. Please make sure that all the information you provided on your DS-160 form is correct BEFORE you hit the Sign and Submit button. To make changes to your incomplete application, you may utilize the Retrieve Incomplete Application option. Using this option, you can retrieve applications that were initiated no later than 30 days ago.

How to Change information on Form DS-160
      While it is not possible to change information on a DS-160 after it has been submitted, there are two easy options for creating a new DS-160.
      If it is within 30 days from when the original application was submitted, the first option is to log into the CEAC system and select “Retrieve an Application” using the application ID number. Next, you will be asked whether you want to go to the confirmation page or create a new application. Select create a new application, and the entire application will appear, except for travel plans to the U.S. Then, you will need to edit and update the information and submit again.
      Alternatively, if you saved the DAT file from the original application, you can access and amend the information at any time from an already submitted application. Once the changes have been made, save and submit the new application.
      For either option, if the original DS-160 was used to book the visa appointment or pay the MRV fee, the applicant MUST present at the interview the confirmation pages from the new AND original DS-160, as each submission creates a different barcode.

Comment

Thanks mai95. That was really helpful.

Comment

[
          Hi guys,

Did you schedule an interview immediately after completing form DS160? or did you mail the complete packet( police clearance, birth certificate etc) and then schedule the interview?

Can I schedule the interview now and keep working on get the rest of the documents to save time?

Comment

Hi Mai95

thanks for your helpful post!

I realized that there is a small typo in the pincode of my home country address where I am going for visa interview. Do you think this is not a minor thing and should be rectified by submitting a new DS-160? I couldn't find anything where the home country address has any bearing so I would think it doesnt require to a new DS-160. Besides Bluedart has stopped passport delivery to home address, instead one has to come to a pick-up location for picking up the passport (after stamping). so the address doesnt seem to matter at all anyways, is that right?

Originally posted by mai95 View Post
            DS-160 Mistakes

It depends on the mistake you made:
            1. For men over 16 years old, if you made a mistake answering the question about GENDER OR PURPOSE OF TRAVEL, you need to fill out a new DS 160 form and print the new confirmation page.
            2. For all applicants: if you made a mistake answering the question about biographical data such as: passport number, names, addresses, or phone numbers, you can correct the information yourself in the form. If you cannot make the correction in the form, on the day of the interview you should inform the person receiving your documents about the mistake. Please do not miss your appointment due to an error found in your application.
            3. For all applicants: if you made a mistake answering the questions about your family, education, travel, or any security-related question, you must complete a new DS-160 form and print a new confirmation page.

Q. The Applicant filled out the DS 160 and submitted it. Two days later and several days before the interview, the Applicant realized that a mistake had been made. Now the Applicant wants to correct the information on the DS 160 before the interview. What should the Applicant do?
            A. Once the Applicant has submitted the DS 160 online application, the application cannot be accessed to make changes. In order to make changes, a new DS 160 must be filled out and submitted so that a new bar code will be generated, which must be taken to the interview at the U.S. Consulate/Kyiv.
            If the Applicant realizes that there are errors in the submitted information after being scheduled for an interview appointment, the Applicant should cancel the interview, fill out a new DS 160 and schedule a new interview appointment with a new confirmation sheet and barcode.
            However, in case of a minor spelling error, the Applicant may attend the scheduled interview and inform the Consular Officer of the error without completing a new form.
            Applicants should know that incorrect information on the DS 160 will impact the information printed on the visa and may result in the U.S. Consulate/Kyiv requesting a new DS 160 before completing the visa interview.

- - - Updated - - -

DS-160 Making changes
            IMPORTANT: Changes to the DS-160 can only be made BEFORE you electronically sign and submit it. Please make sure that all the information you provided on your DS-160 form is correct BEFORE you hit the Sign and Submit button. To make changes to your incomplete application, you may utilize the Retrieve Incomplete Application option. Using this option, you can retrieve applications that were initiated no later than 30 days ago.

How to Change information on Form DS-160
            While it is not possible to change information on a DS-160 after it has been submitted, there are two easy options for creating a new DS-160.
            If it is within 30 days from when the original application was submitted, the first option is to log into the CEAC system and select “Retrieve an Application” using the application ID number. Next, you will be asked whether you want to go to the confirmation page or create a new application. Select create a new application, and the entire application will appear, except for travel plans to the U.S. Then, you will need to edit and update the information and submit again.
            Alternatively, if you saved the DAT file from the original application, you can access and amend the information at any time from an already submitted application. Once the changes have been made, save and submit the new application.
            For either option, if the original DS-160 was used to book the visa appointment or pay the MRV fee, the applicant MUST present at the interview the confirmation pages from the new AND original DS-160, as each submission creates a different barcode.

Comment

Originally posted by rbib0309 View Post
              Hi Mai95

thanks for your helpful post!

I realized that there is a small typo in the pincode of my home country address where I am going for visa interview. Do you think this is not a minor thing and should be rectified by submitting a new DS-160? I couldn't find anything where the home country address has any bearing so I would think it doesnt require to a new DS-160. Besides Bluedart has stopped passport delivery to home address, instead one has to come to a pick-up location for picking up the passport (after stamping). so the address doesnt seem to matter at all anyways, is that right?
              If you haven't already scheduled an appointment, go ahead and fill out a new DS160 form. If you already have an appointment scheduled, you don't have to bother filling out a new DS160. Being a small error, it would be wise to inform the visa officer during interview time that the pincode requires a slight correction and they should update it immediately. If you read up on consular websites, this is exactly what they say.

Comment

Travel after Submitting DS160

Hi,

I am going to India on December 4th and will get married on Dec 13. Post that I will be out to Bali and Malaysia and will be back on Dec 27.

I have received my H1B extension petition but my Visa needs to be stamped in India. I have two questions over here.

1) Can i submit DS160 and take the Interview date of Dec 29 and 30 by now itself?
                2) IF yes, then what should i answer in the question " Have you visited any other countries in last 5 years" because right now i will say No but when i go for Interview i would like visited Indonesia and Malaysia.

Thanks

Comment

DS-160 corrections after submission

Hi All,

If you have filled in your details wrongly in your DS-160 when you scheduled your appointment, no need to panic you can always fill in another DS-160 with correct details and take it with you during your Biometrics appoinment and get it updated.

Process:
                  If there are mistakes in your DS-160 after scheduling appointments, you can fill a new DS-160 with all your correct details and take both the printouts to the biometrics. On the day of Biometrics you can inform the officers when giving them your passport about your edit and they will first give the old DS-160 sticker and then paste another sticker with your corrected DS-160 number. Please make sure that you have your latest DS-160 number at the back of your passport.

Thanks,
                  Jai

Comment

Originally posted by JaiChen View Post
                    Hi All,

If you have filled in your details wrongly in your DS-160 when you scheduled your appointment, no need to panic you can always fill in another DS-160 with correct details and take it with you during your Biometrics appoinment and get it updated.

Process:
                    If there are mistakes in your DS-160 after scheduling appointments, you can fill a new DS-160 with all your correct details and take both the printouts to the biometrics. On the day of Biometrics you can inform the officers when giving them your passport about your edit and they will first give the old DS-160 sticker and then paste another sticker with your corrected DS-160 number. Please make sure that you have your latest DS-160 number at the back of your passport.

Thanks,
                    Jai
                    thanks Jai, your post was helpful. Did you informed VO about correction in DS-160? Appointment confirmation page old DS-160, so would it make any difference? I did not pay fees again after submitting corrected DS-160 form. I did however have new DS-160 number label printed on back of passport.

Thanks

Comment

PlaceOfBirth mentioned wrong in Ds 160 form

Originally posted by pawaramol22 View Post
                      thanks Jai, your post was helpful. Did you informed VO about correction in DS-160? Appointment confirmation page old DS-160, so would it make any difference? I did not pay fees again after submitting corrected DS-160 form. I did however have new DS-160 number label printed on back of passport.

Thanks
                      Dear Jai/Chen

I have submitted wrong place of birth in DS 160 form. My appointment is fixed and fees is already paid. Appointment is fixed on 13th Jan.
                      What can i do now, do new DS 160 form filled and submitted to biometric day to the consulate office is fine.
                      Is this RISK? VO office will consider this as okay or my visa is on risk.
                      Please help on the same, does anyone faced the same issue earlier. what is the best solution.

Comment

Immediate reatives in DS160

Hi All, I'm applying for F2 dependent visa as my wife is on "F1". I've submitted my DS-160 and also made visa appointment . I now realized that In family details section, for the Question "Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in US? I opted "NO". and submitted the form.

I think I should have given "YES" and selected "SPOUSE".

now is there a way to update these details in the same DS-160?

please reply at the earliest. I have scheduled interview on Jan 11th

Thanks in advance

Comment

Mistake in Place of Birth

Originally posted by jainjain View Post
                          Dear Jai/Chen

I have submitted wrong place of birth in DS 160 form. My appointment is fixed and fees is already paid. Appointment is fixed on 13th Jan.
                          What can i do now, do new DS 160 form filled and submitted to biometric day to the consulate office is fine.
                          Is this RISK? VO office will consider this as okay or my visa is on risk.
                          Please help on the same, does anyone faced the same issue earlier. what is the best solution.

Hi There, I have made same mistake in my birth place and my interview is scheduled for Jan 22. Please help me if you have come across any solution to this.

Smiral

Comment

possible to book for an appointment date without filling the ds 160 form

Please I need an urgent response.
                            Before now, was it possible to book for an appointment date without filling the ds 160 form?
                            sometimes ago precisely 2012 an agent booked an appointment for me which i missed.
                            I want to apply for a visa myself to attend a family wedding.
                            I was able to get in touch with the agent to ask for the form he filled long time ago so as to know what was written in the form but to my surprise he told me he didn't fill any form.
                            I need to know if I go for my interview, will they still have previous form filled if a form was actually filled?
                            Last edited by puppylove; 01-13-2016, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Change of sponsor

I don't even know if I can write on this thread. But maybe you guys can help me. I applied to f1 visa months ago and recently I got a letter from immigration asking for more info on the sponsor. My sponsor had money in the account months ago, but because she is investing in her business she doesn't have the amount necessary to proff that she can support me here. They are specifically asking for the three last statements in her account. Do you think I can add another sponsor or this is gonna look bad? I don't know what to do.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X