L1B - Arrested under Petty Theft -- caught at Kohls store in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B - Arrested under Petty Theft -- caught at Kohls store in California

I am an adult and caught shoplifting at kohl's retail store in Dec 2012 for a petty theft of 105$. They called police officer and he gave me the citation under petty theft with misdemeanor and the court date. Next day I went to local police station and given the pre booking( Finger prints and Photo) details. After one week I got a letter from Santa Clara district attorney saying that you are eligible for diversion program as this is comes under petty theft with first time offence. I have completed the diversion program( Attended the awareness class, 16 hours community service) and all the charges against me, the case was dismissed and never been to court because I qualified for diversion program. Its my first time offense and I have never been arrested before. But, I was fingerprinted and there is a record of arrest. My question is I am on L1B Visa valid till Feb 2014, I have to apply for visa extension in next January, now my question is will my application of L1 extension gets rejected at any case because of the arrest record. My case has been dismissed already but there is a arrest record, so will my application of L1 extension gets effected in any case because of the arrest record. Please clear me this doubt. I want to know if it is an immigration conviction or not. Please help me on this.

Thanks for understanding and time.

please let me know result ?

Could you please let me know what happened in your visa case i am in similar situation

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X