Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b stamping in kingston/mexico with a DUI conviction(expunged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b stamping in kingston/mexico with a DUI conviction(expunged)

Hello All,

i'm posting this thread hoping that someone who is/was in similar situation like mine will share his/her experience.

1.i came to the US from india in 2010 on H1b and in april 2011 i got my first DUI which i'm ashamed of!(was arrested/finger prints taken,etc).i was released on bail the same day and in august 2011 i plead guilty and got a probation of 3 yrs,3 month alcohol program and a fine of $3300.

2.i completed the alcohol program,paid all my fines and got my license back aswell later that year.

3.in january 2013 i hired a attorney and got myself taken off probation and got my DUI expunged(dismissed).

4.now i got a fulltime job with a company and my h1b transfer is also approved with them.

i'm planning to get my H1 stamped in the first quarter of next year and i'm kind of nervous about the consequenses.i'm thinking of going to kingston(jamaica) or mexico as i read that canada is serious about DUI offenders and they don't issue visa's to DUI convicts.

i also read that even if the DUI is expunged it's still on my record FOREVER.

can anyone who's gone through similar kind of experience(H1 stamping in consulate/interview,etc) please help.

any response is highly appreciated!

thanks in advance.

Originally posted by indillema View Post
    Hello All,

i'm posting this thread hoping that someone who is/was in similar situation like mine will share his/her experience.

1.i came to the US from india in 2010 on H1b and in april 2011 i got my first DUI which i'm ashamed of!(was arrested/finger prints taken,etc).i was released on bail the same day and in august 2011 i plead guilty and got a probation of 3 yrs,3 month alcohol program and a fine of $3300.

2.i completed the alcohol program,paid all my fines and got my license back aswell later that year.

3.in january 2013 i hired a attorney and got myself taken off probation and got my DUI expunged(dismissed).

4.now i got a fulltime job with a company and my h1b transfer is also approved with them.

i'm planning to get my H1 stamped in the first quarter of next year and i'm kind of nervous about the consequenses.i'm thinking of going to kingston(jamaica) or mexico as i read that canada is serious about DUI offenders and they don't issue visa's to DUI convicts.

i also read that even if the DUI is expunged it's still on my record FOREVER.

can anyone who's gone through similar kind of experience(H1 stamping in consulate/interview,etc) please help.

any response is highly appreciated!

thanks in advance.
    Did you have to go for panel physician medical examiniation with expunged DUI? Please shared your experience if possible.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X