No announcement yet.

How early before my visa expires should i travel back to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, were you able to get an answer? I have my L1A expiring in June and was planning on going in March to get my visa renewed via chennai consulate. Not sure of the options in case the renewal is delayed, any information which you can share will be helpful.

Originally posted by ggrover View Post
    Hi. I am in a similar situation. I have an L1 visa expiring in Oct 2015 and I am planning to travel back to US on 24 aug 2015. Please advise if there could be any issues at Port of Entry.

Most of the replies on this thread are from 2012/2013. Can anybody tell me about the current scenario? Is it still fine if I return back on this date or do they have strict rules now?

Comment

Hello,

My H1B visa is expiring on 12 Sept 2017 and I-94 has date to Admit until 22 Sept 2017. I am planning to visit India in 1st week of July and come back by 30th July 2017. I have already applied for extension as premium process, but since they received it on 3rd April 2017, so it has been considered to process as normal one. Can i travel to India or will it be any issue in POE or do i need to re-apply for extension as i read in lot of blogs that earlier applied extension will be cancelled if you are travelling. Please suggest.

Comment

Planning to travel US 5 weeks before the H1B expiry

My H1B visa expires on 10th October 2017. I am planning to travel to US on 2nd September 2017. I will raise for the extension request once I reach US. Is it fine to do so? Will I face any issue in POE?

Comment

Originally posted by sureshkokatil View Post
          My H1B visa expires on 10th October 2017. I am planning to travel to US on 2nd September 2017. I will raise for the extension request once I reach US. Is it fine to do so? Will I face any issue in POE?
          Hi Sureshkokatil,

I am in same situation like you, my H1B visa will expires on Nov 11th 2017, i am planning to travel by Oct 8th 2017. Have you traveled to US, if yes was there any questions with POE ? Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Comment

L1 B Visa expiring and need to travel

I am traveling by end of Feb,2018 and my visa expires on March,15, 2018 as per the visa stamped. I plan to come back by March, 11

I already got an extension approval till end of the year 2018 as my company filed an amendment last year.
            Also, my company is planning to convert my L1B to A which is happening right now.

Is it ok to travel ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X