Indian passport renewal with water damaged US visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian passport renewal with water damaged US visa

My US L1 visa and indian passport are expiring in May 2014.Hence I need to renew my passport to proceed with my visa extension.However my visa page is water damaged and I want to know if this will create any problem during my passport renewal.My passport is intact except for my visa page and I intend to do the renewal in person at New York bls office.

Appreciate inputs I need to consider additionally for this renewal since I have my appointment this week.currently I'm following the regular 10 year passport renewal instructions.

Originally posted by Kalpuru View Post
    My US L1 visa and indian passport are expiring in May 2014.Hence I need to renew my passport to proceed with my visa extension.However my visa page is water damaged and I want to know if this will create any problem during my passport renewal.My passport is intact except for my visa page and I intend to do the renewal in person at New York bls office.

Appreciate inputs I need to consider additionally for this renewal since I have my appointment this week.currently I'm following the regular 10 year passport renewal instructions.
    Hi

Hope there wont be any issues, you can renew passport with the usual procedures. Since they have all information about your visa. Usually at the time renewing a passport the information given in your old passport will be transferred to the updated one(new passport).

Thanks

Comment

If they can read the visa, you're ok.

Comment

Thanks for the respone.Also while renewing what happens to the I94 stapled to the passport....can I retain it or should it be given along with old passport ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X