Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have to apply for a visitor visa to arrival country BEFORE the transit visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have to apply for a visitor visa to arrival country BEFORE the transit visa?

My fiance is Angolan and is coming to Canada for Dec 29th. When we looked at the interview dates for the UK visa, there were only 4 days in October available so we decided to apply for the UK visa first, since the Canadian Embassy does not require an interview for a visitor's visa.

The UK embassy contacted my fiance asking him to go in again regarding his visa to Canada. It seems like he needs his visitor visa to Canada before they will issue his transit visa...he works offshore and is unable to go in when they requested...worried we arent going to have any visa by the departure date!

Is this the rule? I didn't see this written anywhere...

and why would they only have 4 days available for interview over the next 6 months?!

Thanks,

Val

To qualify for a transit visa, the visa for your final destination is usually necessary. Otherwise, one could claim to be going somewhere, and overstay on a transit visa instead, or claim asylum. I have no idea why they only have 4 dates available. Have you considered getting a flight through another country?

Comment

Originally posted by vwiebe View Post
      My fiance is Angolan and is coming to Canada for Dec 29th. When we looked at the interview dates for the UK visa, there were only 4 days in October available so we decided to apply for the UK visa first, since the Canadian Embassy does not require an interview for a visitor's visa.

The UK embassy contacted my fiance asking him to go in again regarding his visa to Canada. It seems like he needs his visitor visa to Canada before they will issue his transit visa...he works offshore and is unable to go in when they requested...worried we arent going to have any visa by the departure date!

Is this the rule? I didn't see this written anywhere...

and why would they only have 4 days available for interview over the next 6 months?!

Thanks,

Val
      One must have valid proof of visa to destination country B4 getting intransit visas

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X