Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Green Card application with petty theft

Hi everyone,

My background: I'm a H1b visa holder working in US, I married a US citizen recently, and now I'm applying marriage green card.

But I have one big concern of my previous stupid mistake, pls read the following:

I was arrested, charged and convicted for petty theft(408a) as I shoplifted a just $34 computer mouse in a store when I was a college student in CA in 2007, my lawyer negociated with judge to allow me to apply for the charge reduction to trespass(602) if I completed the 18 months probation, so after I completed the probation, I request the court to change the petty theft to trespass conviction, and court approved this. Then I also request the court to expunge this conviction and I got approval by court in 2010 and finished the expunge.

I'm now filling the 485 form, and yes I will answer all the truth info of my previous criminal history, and attach all the needed court disposition paperworks and proof.

So my exact concern is: after the face-to-face gc interview, I believe the immigration offcier will approve my gc application later, BUT will it be as quick as the same as the regular case(no criminal)? Or will it be take longer (like several additional months) to get gc approval?

This concern really bugs and nerves me a lot, can anyone who has experience of this give me some expectation what will happen?

Any helpful reply are appreciated, Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by brianzhang; 10-29-2013, 06:09 PM.

It may take longer time.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X