Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Baby - How to get affidavit claiming we have not applied for Indian citizenship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Baby - How to get affidavit claiming we have not applied for Indian citizenship

Hi, i'm hoping some of you might help me out here.

I'm an Indian citizen, married to a Latvia. I live in Latvia and we had a baby few weeks ago. As part of registering the baby here in Latvia, we were told that we need a letter from Indian embassy stating that I (father) has not applied for Indian citizenship for the baby.

I checked the Indian embassy website but most of the documents/application forms are only about applying/registering the baby.

Can someone please assist in this regards?

Should I just opt for the 'Miscellaneous services' and draft an affidavit and send it over? Or is there some other procedure involved?

Thanks.

HI. Did you figure this out? I also need to get the same letter made and trying to see how to get it done.

Thanks.

Originally posted by jb1981 View Post
    Hi, i'm hoping some of you might help me out here.

I'm an Indian citizen, married to a Latvia. I live in Latvia and we had a baby few weeks ago. As part of registering the baby here in Latvia, we were told that we need a letter from Indian embassy stating that I (father) has not applied for Indian citizenship for the baby.

I checked the Indian embassy website but most of the documents/application forms are only about applying/registering the baby.

Can someone please assist in this regards?

Should I just opt for the 'Miscellaneous services' and draft an affidavit and send it over? Or is there some other procedure involved?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi. Wondering if you were able to figure this out? I need to get the same done and would appreciate any kind of information/guidance.

Comment

hello guys.. sorry for the late reply.

Yes I got this sorted. The procedure is very simple, but expect delays based on the person in the Indian mission handling your case.

In my case I was fortunate enough to get hold of the right person who was helpful.

I had to draft a word document stating my child's name, DOB, place of birth, father & mother's name, and stating that we did not apply for Indian citizenship with my signature (as I am an Indian citizen).

I had to attach a copy of birth certificate of my child, my passport copy, wife's passport copy, marriage certificate copy.

For fees, this comes under 'Miscellaneous' group.

Pay via bank and enclose the payment slip.

Finally, check with the consular if they received the docs. Whenever they tell you they are ready, either go in person to pick it up or arrange for Fedex or TNT to pick up the document (give them the consular people the tracking number).

As I said I was very fortunate as the embassy people were very helpful (this is not often the case as I have dealt with embassies in the past in Europe, and most of them throw a lot of attitude). So good luck on this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X