Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 to H1B - waiting time

Hi everyone,

Here is my situation, I am actually in a J-1 Visa working for a company in Florida and my contract is going to end in 6 weeks (january 14th).

I am suppose to leave the country 30 days after the end of my contract My question is, if my company apply for a H1B visa for me, am I allowed to stay in the US while the Visa is in process? I heard that the process is very long (april to october ?)

Regards -
    Tom

PS. The 2-years rules does not apply for me.

Hi, I'm also a J-1 visa holder currently applying for a waiver with an intent to change the status to H1B.

I don't think it's possible to stay in the US while filing the H1B. or that's what the lawyer told me..

Comment

Originally posted by ThisIsFantasy View Post
      Hi everyone,

Here is my situation, I am actually in a J-1 Visa working for a company in Florida and my contract is going to end in 6 weeks (january 14th).

I am suppose to leave the country 30 days after the end of my contract My question is, if my company apply for a H1B visa for me, am I allowed to stay in the US while the Visa is in process? I heard that the process is very long (april to october ?)

Regards -
      Tom

PS. The 2-years rules does not apply for me.
      Originally posted by 110012 View Post
      Hi, I'm also a J-1 visa holder currently applying for a waiver with an intent to change the status to H1B.

I don't think it's possible to stay in the US while filing the H1B. or that's what the lawyer told me..
      You can live upto 30 days after your program has ended and then you would have to leave Regardless of the fact that your status change is in process.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X