Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to get Transit Visa?

Hi,
    Currently I have an expired H4 Visa stamped on my passport, but have a valid I-797 and going to India for my H1B stamping.

I am traveling from US to India with a layover at London - Hethrow (British Airways) for about 3 hours. I will be changing my flights at the same terminal in London.

Do i need any transit visa?

Any kind of help is appriciated.

Thanks,
    mvallabh

Yes, since your US Visa has expired, you will need UK DATV.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

DATV UK B1/H4 and H1

I was having a lot of trouble finding someone who did this. I had "experts" tell me its ok and some telling me its not ok. If you donot have a valid US visa you will be denied boarding.

From personal experience having traveled on British airways, you DONOT need a DATV if you have any valid US visa stamped in your passport. My wife had a valid B1 and expired H1. They looked at the valid B1 and let her board. Just make sure you put your boarding pass in the page having the valid visa.

They don't know the difference between status and visa. You can have multiple valid visa's but only one status in the US. Your B1 is not cancelled if you get a H1.

Comment

Wrong sub-forum.

Comment

Ussued matter C1 D for new contract

, I have a question about the issuance of a visa C1/D. I have a disire to work on passenger ships and i have a visa issued with a period of 1 year ussued from Usa Embassy Bulgaria on 26/10/2013 and expiry to 26/10/2014 ,control number 20133309060013 : whit which I worked on a ship company Carnival, but i left the ship and was paroled. My Question is : if i have Letter of Employment. to work on a ship to another company, can I use my current visa or is necesserily to apply for a new and if its possible to apply for visa interview directly in Consular Agency Palma de Mallorca?Because i have residence of Balearic Islands N.I.E number :Y2057013-E
          Apply for this letter copy of my passport ,visa and N.I.E

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X