Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for new H1b stamping while old H1b visa stamping is pending under 221g-white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for new H1b stamping while old H1b visa stamping is pending under 221g-white

Hello everyone,

I have been waiting for more than 90days due to a pending 221g on my approved H1b petition filed by a Big 4 consulting firm(NON EVC model).

Now I have received another H1b approval with a new company,a non-consulting firm, i.e. directly with an end client with fixed work location and no travel.

My question is can I apply for another stamping appointment with this new petition without hampering my existing 221g pending H1b case? The reason I want to do this is so that I can join whichever stamping I can get first. I do not want to withdraw my old H1b 221g case since I've already waited for more than 90 days on it

Please help me with your expert suggestions

Yes, you can certainly apply for the Visa using the new petition. 221g will have to be mentioned as a denial in your new application. It will not affect your new application.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Is it possible to have two active visa application at the consulate at the same time?

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Yes, you can certainly apply for the Visa using the new petition. 221g will have to be mentioned as a denial in your new application. It will not affect your new application.
      Thank you Kabkaba for your helpful answer to my query. If I apply for visa stamping at the consulate using my new petition, would it cancel my old visa application which is pending under 221g.

I ask because I am afraid if I get another 221g for this new petition, I will have to start with the wait period all over again.

so the main question is: Is it technically possible to have two active visa application at the consulate at the same time?

Comment

No it will not affect the old application.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          No it will not affect the old application.
          Thanks Kabkaba

Comment

Originally posted by mjfico View Post
            Thanks Kabkaba
            Hi,

Me too in the same boat. Was your Visa approved ? please let me know your status... Am eagerly waiting...

Comment

Hi can you pls, confirm if ur case was success.. i am in same boat now....

me too in same boat now.. can you pls confirm if ur case was success... ur response will help me a lot..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X