Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Cause Notice- PVR Review Meaning

Hello
    My girlfriend applied for a passport on Oct 4th . When the police verification came,they reported that she is not living in her permanent address. But we had a bank account which had the current address she was staying and also obtained a gas connection and also a signed copy from the owner of the address specifying that she is living there for rent. Then we went to the passport office and submitted the new documents for verification.

Today the passport status has changed.Please find below the key changes

Status: Passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office.

Letter Reference Number SCN Type SCN Issue Date ** SCN Status Status Updated On*** Applicant Reply Received On (if any) ****
    YYYY ZZZ PVR Review 2013-12-02 Pending Dispatch from PO 2013-12-23

Can someone please explain me what this means and what we have to do further. We need to get her passport done before February as she has to apply for Dependent visa

same same

i am also sailing in same boat .. did u find any way? any notice received ? whats your status as of now?

my wife applied for tatkal she got the passport in 2 days.. but after police verification she got an adverse remark saying the person not staying on the address given... on my online status it says Show cause notice issued .... basically same as yours... hence awaiting the notice... i have to travel in april and my wife is worried what if they stop her on immigration line.. i enquired with a lot of people all of them said you have your passport in hand nothing to worry you can travel on this passport for 10more years... still we feel there is a hanging sword on head and don't know what to do.. we thought we will reapply for passport but someone said don't do it we will get stuck in some other problem.... hence now keeping fingers crossed and taking the risk till april and travel.. in mean time i came through this link might be helpful to you..

do let me know what happened to your status from dec till now..

Originally posted by passport911 View Post
    Hello
    My girlfriend applied for a passport on Oct 4th . When the police verification came,they reported that she is not living in her permanent address. But we had a bank account which had the current address she was staying and also obtained a gas connection and also a signed copy from the owner of the address specifying that she is living there for rent. Then we went to the passport office and submitted the new documents for verification.

Today the passport status has changed.Please find below the key changes

Status: Passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office.

Letter Reference Number SCN Type SCN Issue Date ** SCN Status Status Updated On*** Applicant Reply Received On (if any) ****
    YYYY ZZZ PVR Review 2013-12-02 Pending Dispatch from PO 2013-12-23

Can someone please explain me what this means and what we have to do further. We need to get her passport done before February as she has to apply for Dependent visa

Comment

Sick of this harrassment

I had applied for my passport on the 4th of September, 2013 in Mumbai. My police verification happened from the same address. The constable who visited my house asked me for the landlord's no objection certificate. The problem was that my landlord was staying in Dubai and was an 80 year old man. The constable instructed me to ask my landlord to get an affidavit made in Dubai from the Indian Counsulate and then courier it to me. I had given him the society's NOC and two of my neighbours came with me to sign on the reference sheet. Still, those idiots put an adverse remark on my application.
      Up until December last year, there was no movement on my file. I visited the regional passport office twice but never got a clear answer from them about what exactly the problem was. In the meanwhile, I vacated the flat where I was living and from where I had filed my initial application.
      Eventually, I visited the Mumbai Crime Branch to ask for their help. They brought the adverse remark to my notice and asked me to re-open my file at the RPO and go through a second police verification. I was staying at my Masi's place in Santacruz and so gave that address. Everything was done and sorted and I finally received my passport on the 20th of January, 2014.

Now, on the 24th of January, 2014 a "Show Cause Notice" was issued threatening of impounding my passport due to "suppressed information". I received this letter on the 11th of March 2014.
      I don't understand one thing, how can they possible raise an objection after my passport was issued. Were they sleeping on my file when the passport was approved by the passport officer at the RPO and when it was finally being issued?
      Also, the letter I received doesn't have an authorized personnel's signature or stamp on it, so technically that letter isn't valid. The letter also doesn't say how and where am I supposed to reply to the notice.

I am seriously not getting this whole harrassment!! Sooo frustrating!

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      i am also sailing in same boat .. did u find any way? any notice received ? whats your status as of now?

my wife applied for tatkal she got the passport in 2 days.. but after police verification she got an adverse remark saying the person not staying on the address given... on my online status it says Show cause notice issued .... basically same as yours... hence awaiting the notice... i have to travel in april and my wife is worried what if they stop her on immigration line.. i enquired with a lot of people all of them said you have your passport in hand nothing to worry you can travel on this passport for 10more years... still we feel there is a hanging sword on head and don't know what to do.. we thought we will reapply for passport but someone said don't do it we will get stuck in some other problem.... hence now keeping fingers crossed and taking the risk till april and travel.. in mean time i came through this link might be helpful to you..

Comment

Mera Kya Kasoor??

In June 2012, my wife applied for a "NORMAL REISSUE" of passport due to address change. We received the new passport in merely 10 days (WITHOUT ANY POLICE VERIFICATION). Now after 2 years, passport authority sent us the SCN stating that local police verification is pending & thus got "Adverse" remark on my wife's passport.
        We are in process of getting Police verification done. However, the problem is that is she does not travel before 17th April, her residence visa issued by another country will get expired as she is staying in india only for last 6 months despite having residence status of another country.

Can anyone answer me in complete affirmative that if a SCN (for PVR review pending) is issued on a passport (And of course it will be visible to all immigration officers in india & abroad), Can she still travel without any problem from any of the immigration authority in the world??

Originally posted by sanghmeet87 View Post
        I had applied for my passport on the 4th of September, 2013 in Mumbai. My police verification happened from the same address. The constable who visited my house asked me for the landlord's no objection certificate. The problem was that my landlord was staying in Dubai and was an 80 year old man. The constable instructed me to ask my landlord to get an affidavit made in Dubai from the Indian Counsulate and then courier it to me. I had given him the society's NOC and two of my neighbours came with me to sign on the reference sheet. Still, those idiots put an adverse remark on my application.
        Up until December last year, there was no movement on my file. I visited the regional passport office twice but never got a clear answer from them about what exactly the problem was. In the meanwhile, I vacated the flat where I was living and from where I had filed my initial application.
        Eventually, I visited the Mumbai Crime Branch to ask for their help. They brought the adverse remark to my notice and asked me to re-open my file at the RPO and go through a second police verification. I was staying at my Masi's place in Santacruz and so gave that address. Everything was done and sorted and I finally received my passport on the 20th of January, 2014.

Now, on the 24th of January, 2014 a "Show Cause Notice" was issued threatening of impounding my passport due to "suppressed information". I received this letter on the 11th of March 2014.
        I don't understand one thing, how can they possible raise an objection after my passport was issued. Were they sleeping on my file when the passport was approved by the passport officer at the RPO and when it was finally being issued?
        Also, the letter I received doesn't have an authorized personnel's signature or stamp on it, so technically that letter isn't valid. The letter also doesn't say how and where am I supposed to reply to the notice.

I am seriously not getting this whole harrassment!! Sooo frustrating!

Comment

Is there any process of getting this resolved at the US passport services at BLS? Can they issues a new passport and cancel the old one?

Comment

I have received Show cause notice today - Please help me

Hello,

I have received a show cause notice from passport office today, i realize the reason for it is my present address mentioned in passport application is same as my permanent address. and during police verification i was not staying at my present address.

Can anyone guide me how to handle this. I have no intention of giving wrong information in my passport application, the reason i gave my present and permanent address same was, i didn't had any address proof to submit for present address, i was staying in a hostel.

Comment

Update on current position.

Can you update your position now? Did you contact RPO and got that adverse thing rectified.

I'm exactly in the same position.Please post your suggestions.

Thanks
              krishna

Comment

Having problem of scn

HELLO,

I APPLIED FOR FRESH PASSPORT AND AFTER THIS POLICE VERIFICATION WAS ALSO BE DONE SUCCESSFULY BUT NOW ONGOING STATUS OF MY APPLICATION IS Police Verification Report is not clear and application is under review at Regional Passport Office.

PVR Review 2014-08-28 Pending Dispatch from PO 2014-08-31

EVEN AFTER SUBMITTING SO MUCH OF DOCUMENTS TO EVERYWHERE AT POLICE, PSK....BT STILL I FAICNG SUCH PROBLEM....CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT..... ITS FRUSTATING MOMENT AND A VERY EMBARRASING WORK BY POLICE I MUST SAID.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kushagra Rastogi View Post
                  HELLO,

I APPLIED FOR FRESH PASSPORT AND AFTER THIS POLICE VERIFICATION WAS ALSO BE DONE SUCCESSFULY BUT NOW ONGOING STATUS OF MY APPLICATION IS Police Verification Report is not clear and application is under review at Regional Passport Office.

PVR Review 2014-08-28 Pending Dispatch from PO 2014-08-31

EVEN AFTER SUBMITTING SO MUCH OF DOCUMENTS TO EVERYWHERE AT POLICE, PSK....BT STILL I FAICNG SUCH PROBLEM....CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT..... ITS FRUSTATING MOMENT AND A VERY EMBARRASING WORK BY POLICE I MUST SAID.....
                  Dear Kusharga,

Please tell me the status I am also in same situation as you were.

Regards,
                  Abuzar

Comment

I am having the same issue. police inquiry was not done. adverse remarks "Applicant not living at given address".
                    i landed in India on dec2015. they seized my passport.
                    Status ---- Pending Dispatch from PO

verification of police inquiry started 2 days ago.

Anyone know how long does it take from here? What a Mess

Can't wait to go back

Comment

It got rectified for me.

Originally posted by dell2 View Post
                      I am having the same issue. police inquiry was not done. adverse remarks "Applicant not living at given address".
                      i landed in India on dec2015. they seized my passport.
                      Status ---- Pending Dispatch from PO

verification of police inquiry started 2 days ago.

Anyone know how long does it take from here? What a Mess

Can't wait to go back
                      I faced similar challenge and got rectified now.

Comment

Originally posted by surewithsh View Post
                        I faced similar challenge and got rectified now.
                        Hi,

I have a similar problem now. Could someone please outline the process you followed to get this resolved? Thanks.

Comment

Could someone please let me know a resolution to this issue. I am in a similar situation.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Comment

PVR Review Issue

Originally posted by pratik89 View Post
                            Could someone please let me know a resolution to this issue. I am in a similar situation.
                            Hi,

I have faced the same issue and as per their process, you'll face this problem after you submit the docs and waiting for physical verification, in this scenario you need to take an appointment by choosing option "Schedule Appointment for
                            Enquiry at Passport Office
                            " and need to go to your Regional Passport Enquiry Office, they'll let you know, if there is any problem with address like, street, police station etc, then you need to fill a form given by the same office and also need to write an apology letter in order to update that mistake, then he'll refer you to other office where you need to submit all the docs and fine, if any.
                            After that Police Verification will be scheduled again, and you'll get the passport after 10-12 days once the verification got cleared.

Also you can call Passport Helpline - 1800 -258 -1800 for more information.

Regards,
                            Ankit Chauhan
                            Thanks!

Regards,
                            Ankit Chauhan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X