Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying Rupees to India

Hello,

I am a US Permanent Resident , Indian citizen , visiting India on vacation soon. I recently read of a new law that does not permit international passengers to carry rupees into India. I am a little confused if this holds true for Indian nationals too? Would someone please clarify this "law"? Has anyone had any issues carrying rupees recently?

thank you!!

Originally posted by hope123 View Post
    Hello,

I am a US Permanent Resident , Indian citizen , visiting India on vacation soon. I recently read of a new law that does not permit international passengers to carry rupees into India. I am a little confused if this holds true for Indian nationals too? Would someone please clarify this "law"? Has anyone had any issues carrying rupees recently?

thank you!!
    How much Are you planning to take? As an Indian citizen I believe one is allowed to carry upto INR 7500 in Indian currency and upto 5000 USD in dollars.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      How much Are you planning to take? As an Indian citizen I believe one is allowed to carry upto INR 7500 in Indian currency and upto 5000 USD in dollars.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      I was considering taking Rs.5000/- in cash (leftover from my previous trip) and perhaps around $1000 too. Hope the rupee amount is ok.

The USD limit is actually $10,000 (pretty standard universally , I believe) in a combination of tc's and cash (but most travelers don't carry that much money anyway).

Comment

Possible

dear it is possible with carry the INR 7500 in Indian currency and upto 5000 USD in dollars on traveling, it is as per rule.

Comment

Originally posted by genermcmillan View Post
          dear it is possible with carry the INR 7500 in Indian currency and upto 5000 USD in dollars on traveling, it is as per rule.
          thank you dear!! I will go worry free.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X