Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will it take to get your plastic green card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no "temporary Green Card." Parents will get an I-551 rubber stamp in passport upon arrival, which is temporary proof (good for one year) of immigrant status.

Why do you expect parents to have Biometrics appointment?

The SS card normally shows up about a month after arrival.

-Ray B

Originally posted by rissen1k View Post
    Hi,

so my parents are ready to come and go through the process(they got visa, docs and paid the $165fee).

We got timing questions since they got unfinished business.

- first how much time they need at customs since they will have a connecting flight, I assume that they will get the temporary green card and will be fingerprinted at customs.

- how long to do the bio-metrics, social security card & driver license once they are at our home here with us.

All this assuming that they can travel back with the temporary green card.
    Also once the plastic comes is the temporary green card invalid? asking because if they live early and dont get the green card in time I could just mail to them.

Please help as we are preparing for the travel soon.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      There is no "temporary Green Card." Parents will get an I-551 rubber stamp in passport upon arrival, which is temporary proof (good for one year) of immigrant status.

Why do you expect parents to have Biometrics appointment?

The SS card normally shows up about a month after arrival.

-Ray B

Hi, thank you for helping me with this information.

If you have more knowledge on the subject please help me.

So they arrive and get temporary stamp as proof. In that moment the processing for the green card begins which takes about 30-120 days as i read.
      Will Social Security come automatically or they still have to go the local office?
      On the bio metrics I am asking since when I got my green card(through a different way) I had to go and do it. As I remember when I became citizen also I had to go again to do it.
      One last question - assuming parents wont be in USA when Green Card will arrive in the mail, will that temporary I-551 be valid for them to come back and pick up the Green Card?
      Thanks

Comment

Dv1 through lottery, how long to issue the plastic green card?

Hi, I just got the DV1 Visa through the lottery program, the visa will expire in April 2017, I am resident in Dubai and I'm planning to move to the US end of 2017 or early 2018, so not immediately, I am thinking to go there next March just to get the plastic green card and to come back to my work in Dubai. How long does it take to issue the card? as I will be on temporary leave.
        Thanks in advance

Comment

After the Green Card fee is paid ($165), it takes 1-3 months before the card shows up in the mail.

-Ray B

Originally posted by amineyazidi View Post
          Hi, I just got the DV1 Visa through the lottery program, the visa will expire in April 2017, I am resident in Dubai and I'm planning to move to the US end of 2017 or early 2018, so not immediately, I am thinking to go there next March just to get the plastic green card and to come back to my work in Dubai. How long does it take to issue the card? as I will be on temporary leave.
          Thanks in advance

Comment

how long does it take to have the plastic green card

hi,

My fiance did the first landing in the US for his green card since June 20, 2016. he was told to receive his green card after 2-3 months of arrival in the US. and then 6 months have passed and still he's not receiving the plastic green card. he was told to pay $165, and he did pay through online almost 2 months ago roughly month of december. he's also doing fallow up calls and still no green card was sent. Does it really take this much time? he is planning to travel outside US this coming june 2017 for at least 1 month for us to get married, is he able to travel even without the plastic green card? please badly needed your help. God bless.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X