Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Holder, Medical Insurance.

Hello,

I am currently a resident of NYC and been living here since 2007. I got married in 2012 and my wife joined me in Sept’ 2012. I am on H1b and she’s on H4. My employer does not sponsor my spouse so I have to pay the full amount of $800+ (monthly premium) if I want to add her into my network. It’s too expensive and an overburden for a single income family.

I purchased medical insurance from Insubuy (Patriot America) for her last year and it expired a few months ago. I want to buy insurance again from Insubuy. She has no pre-existing medical conditions or pregnancy or health issues. She visited the doctor once last year for general check-up and Patriot America Insurance worked like a breeze. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Before purchasing the same or a better insurance from Insubuy, I wanted to check with you a few things.

1. Does ‘Obamacare’ bill have anything to do with my current status? I am on H1 and she’s H4.
    2. Am I still eligible to buy the ‘Visitor’ Insurance from Insubuy and confidently say ‘No’ to the insurance provided by my company like in the past?
    3. Which is the best plan to go with if I want to take my spouse to the same doctor I visit?
    4. I may also required dental Insurance, can you advise?

I would definitely give a call to Insubuy Customer support, but I am only trying to ask these questions on this forum so the information might be helpful for others too.
    Thank you Insubuy !!!

If your wife is eligible to enroll into your employer's insurance no matter how expensive, she is not eligible to purchase insurance plans such as Patriot America or other similar plans.

If you find your employer's insurance too expensive, call local insurance companies such as Blue Cross. They should be able to give her insurance.

If they can't, check into Obamacare.

If you are unable to purchase insurance through any of the above means (no matter what the cost is), you should consider purchasing the plans such as Patriot America.

I hope that answers your questions.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Medical insurance options for H4 visa holder

Hello,

I know I am replying to a very old thread. Sorry about that.
      Can someone please answer my query or re-direct me to the right thread atleast.
      My spouse moved to States 2 months back and I missed my employer's 31 days deadline to add him to my medical plan.
      Now I cant add him to my plan until year end.
      So can I get a medical insurance for him from marketplace or are there any other alternatives?
      I have been reading about Atlas America, Patriot America and also other domestic short term medical plans.
      Also wanted to know if while filing tax returns, these plans mentioned above are considered as valid?

Comment

Please call our office so that we can provide you the suggestions for the plan most suitable for you.

Atlas America, Patriot America and other domestic short term plans are NOT PPACA compliant. Therefore, they can't issue 1095-C. Therefore, it would be equivalent to not having any insurance from the tax return perspective.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X