Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extend 60-day grace period, F-1 visa, help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extend 60-day grace period, F-1 visa, help needed!

Hello,

I just graduated this fall with my associate degree and I am not planning to continue to study. In my I-20, it says that the last day of school is 12/23/2013, which means that +60 days from that date I need to leave USA. Now here is the thing, I need to find a way to extend my legal time here as my apartment contract is until the end of May. I was wondering if anyone can give me a tip of what to do in order to delay my last "legal" day here in the USA to May. My F-1 Visa is good until the end of 2014 + I have a valid tourist visa.

I was thinking of the following options:
    1. Go to my international advisor, explain her the situation, and hope that she will print a new I-20 with a delayed end date.
    2. Fly out from the USA and enter using my tourist visa (I'm not sure it's the smartest thing to do as they might reject my entrance for some reason and then I'm screwed?).
    3. Take the risk and stay more than the 60 day grace time and hope they won't find it out when I leave? (I don't want to do that)

If you have any thought that might help, it would be incredibly helpful and appreciated!

Please help,
    Thanks!

Originally posted by rk85097 View Post
    Hello,

I just graduated this fall with my associate degree and I am not planning to continue to study. In my I-20, it says that the last day of school is 12/23/2013, which means that +60 days from that date I need to leave USA. Now here is the thing, I need to find a way to extend my legal time here as my apartment contract is until the end of May. I was wondering if anyone can give me a tip of what to do in order to delay my last "legal" day here in the USA to May. My F-1 Visa is good until the end of 2014 + I have a valid tourist visa.

I was thinking of the following options:
    1. Go to my international advisor, explain her the situation, and hope that she will print a new I-20 with a delayed end date.
    2. Fly out from the USA and enter using my tourist visa (I'm not sure it's the smartest thing to do as they might reject my entrance for some reason and then I'm screwed?).
    3. Take the risk and stay more than the 60 day grace time and hope they won't find it out when I leave? (I don't want to do that)

If you have any thought that might help, it would be incredibly helpful and appreciated!

Please help,
    Thanks!
    ur options are not good in my view, dont contact ur dso its waste they dont consider these and dont go out if u want to stay in usa...

just joined in other master program and complete ur may month and go india if u want.. find out many schools offer admissions with little money and installments and if u dont want want to come back usa then ur fine stay more than ur period until u caught, make sure ur passport is in good status to fly india when u want..

its just my suggestion.... dont worry

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X