Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with the PIO Order Form on BLS website & Airway Bill Number

Hi,

I am trying to fill the PIO Order Form on the BLS website. For the "Application Type" if I select "Postal" I need to fill in Airway Bill No. Similarly if I select "Prepaid Delivery" to "yes" I need to fill in the "Return Envelop Airway Bill No". Questions:

1. For sending the documents via FedEx or UPS, do I first generate the Shipping label/Airway Bill (on Fed Ex or UPS) before filling the Order Form? Why does BLS say that the Shipping label will be sent via e-mail (If you have selected to submit the application via postal we will send the shipping label in the e-mail)? if they are generating the shipping label, how do i get the Airway Bill Number before saving the form?
    2. For the Return delivery, do I first generate the shipping label/Airway Bill before filling the form?
    3. Also the instructions say that I need to print the filled form and enclose it with the application. Do I print is before hitting the "Save the form" button or so I just print out the one they will send in the e-mail?

The website is very confusing.

Can someone please help?

Thanks
    ABG

Same Question With An Additional Query

Hi there!

I had a similar question. And another additional one:

On the BLS Order form for Visa application, it says:

To obtain delivery service directly online with FedEx, Please Click Here

This will then bring you to another page where it says (typos are deliberate, it's from the website):

FedEx delivery service of your PASSPORT to your preffered address.
    Regular Drop Off: USD 28.00

My question is, is this like purchasing a return prepaid envelope with an airway bill? Or will I be buying an airway bill? I am not very clear if the passport will be sent back to me or be sent to BLS (I am assuming it will be sent back to me but I would love a confirmation on this).

Also, what do they mean by regular drop off? Is this ground shipping or express?

Please help. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by ABG View Post
      Hi,

I am trying to fill the PIO Order Form on the BLS website. For the "Application Type" if I select "Postal" I need to fill in Airway Bill No. Similarly if I select "Prepaid Delivery" to "yes" I need to fill in the "Return Envelop Airway Bill No". Questions:

1. For sending the documents via FedEx or UPS, do I first generate the Shipping label/Airway Bill (on Fed Ex or UPS) before filling the Order Form? Why does BLS say that the Shipping label will be sent via e-mail (If you have selected to submit the application via postal we will send the shipping label in the e-mail)? if they are generating the shipping label, how do i get the Airway Bill Number before saving the form?
      2. For the Return delivery, do I first generate the shipping label/Airway Bill before filling the form?
      3. Also the instructions say that I need to print the filled form and enclose it with the application. Do I print is before hitting the "Save the form" button or so I just print out the one they will send in the e-mail?

Can someone please help?

Thanks
      ABG
      This is how you will need to do it:
      1. Take all the documents and go to UPS/FedEx office.
      2. Take the sending and return envelop from them. Get the documents and envelop weighed. One envelop should be larger than the other.
      3. Go to the FedEx/UPS website, and generate both shipping labels. It will give you the Airway Bill Numbers(AWB)
      4. Fill in the BLS online order form with the AWB's generated in step 5. BLS will send you the form details in mail which need to be printed.
      5. Take printout of the BLS onsite order forms (there are two), and the AWB's.
      6. Paste one printout of the BLS order form on the UPS/FedEx envelope. Keep the other with your documents.
      7. Make sure that you have pasted both AWB's to the appropriate envelop.
      8. Insert the return envelop in the larger envelop in which documents are shipped.
      9. Drop off the large envelop in any UPS/FedEx collection office.

Source:
      Experience, had to do it last month.

Comment

Originally posted by nair001 View Post
        This is how you will need to do it:
        1. Take all the documents and go to UPS/FedEx office.
        2. Take the sending and return envelop from them. Get the documents and envelop weighed. One envelop should be larger than the other.
        3. Go to the FedEx/UPS website, and generate both shipping labels. It will give you the Airway Bill Numbers(AWB)
        4. Fill in the BLS online order form with the AWB's generated in step 5. BLS will send you the form details in mail which need to be printed.
        5. Take printout of the BLS onsite order forms (there are two), and the AWB's.
        6. Paste one printout of the BLS order form on the UPS/FedEx envelope. Keep the other with your documents.
        7. Make sure that you have pasted both AWB's to the appropriate envelop.
        8. Insert the return envelop in the larger envelop in which documents are shipped.
        9. Drop off the large envelop in any UPS/FedEx collection office.

Source:
        Experience, had to do it last month.
        Excellent description. You can skip steps 1 and 2, just use approx weight of 1 lb when doing step 3.

Comment

question regarding attested documents for OCI and renunciation

1. I got all document Copies notarized by a notary here in the U.S . Is that a problem or do I need to only self attest them.
          2. In the BLS Order form, under cashiers cheque details what do I need to include.
          3. What amount is the check for renunciation : 175+4.70 or 175+4.70+3

Thanks much for all the help.

Comment

Hi,

Can someone please help?

Thanks
            ABG
            you have to create a shipment label from fedex( i used fedex , so i can give info about FEDEX), AIRWAY BILL NUMBER IS THE SAME AS tracking number,also create
            CReate a return label from fedex and sent an empty envelope with the shipping label to bls along with your documents.

once you enter the airway bill number or tracking number on BLS order form, you will an email from them about the shipping label( this has nothing to do with fedex or ups or usps, (its just for their tracking purpose, to track your application from BLS WEBSITE) you have to cut it and paste it on upper right corner on the fedex envelope

i applied for OCI recently,and this is how i did it

Comment

Need more help!!!

Hi,

Can someone please help?

Thanks
              ABG
              Hello,

I have been trying to contact BLS NY office for the past week or so and looks like their contact information is not right or may not beworking...

I would appreciate if you can answer my questions as couple of you recently applied for OCI and I am trying to apply for the same along with renunciation..

OCI questions -
              ========================
              1. Family Signatures on OCI part-b application. There are 2 lines on part b and there are boxes for parent's signature in case of minor childern. Since we are applying as family of 4 and all 4 signatures are required per instructions, where can all of us sign since there are only 2 lines? Should parents just sign or does kids need to sign as well?

2. For renunciation is there separate online form or I just check the box when I fill out for OCI card?

3. Since we are sending one envelope as a family what should the airway bill no. be for the prepaid delivery.

Should I fill the same outgoing tracking no. on all BLS order forms and take multiple return envelopes and use one each for each of us?

4. I have taken separate cashier checks for renunciation fees and OCI fees..can I give multiple cashier check nos on online order form or should I take one cashier check?

5. Can we discard the current OCI application for family and start over as individual application as that process seems to be straight forward instead of family application?

6. How many sets of documents do we need to send if applying for renunciation and OCI? I see that 2 sets is mandatory..but since we are applying for OCI and renunciation, do I send 4?

Thanks in advance for your help. I would appreciate if you can respond back soon.

Thanks
              Suma

Comment

Originally posted by Shamantha Bodagala View Post
                you have to create a shipment label from fedex( i used fedex , so i can give info about FEDEX), AIRWAY BILL NUMBER IS THE SAME AS tracking number,also create
                CReate a return label from fedex and sent an empty envelope with the shipping label to bls along with your documents.

once you enter the airway bill number or tracking number on BLS order form, you will an email from them about the shipping label( this has nothing to do with fedex or ups or usps, (its just for their tracking purpose, to track your application from BLS WEBSITE) you have to cut it and paste it on upper right corner on the fedex envelope

i applied for OCI recently,and this is how i did it
                Hi:

Can you please let me know

1) what do I put in for the FROM section on the return label from FEDEX . I read somewhere they don't like putting 'BLS NYC' address in the FROM section of the return envelope.
                They want both the 'FROM' and 'TO' to be the recepient address.

2) Also is it advisable to use 'signature' on delivery with FEDEX ?

I am applying for Deemed Surrender certificate.

Thankyou

Comment

PIO card for my daughter

Hi All,

I am applying PIO card for my daughter (Minor). I have leasing document copy as proof of local residence. Is that sufficient ? I don't have local utility bills or DL.

Can I send the cash in the envelope instead of Money Order?
                  Parents are on H1 Visa. So do we need to send I797 copy also along with parents passport copies?

While filling the BLS form, I have selected this option "To obtain delivery service directly online with FedEx, Please Click Here". I have received an email with receipt but it does not have anything specific AWB number which is used for return shipping. Can someone please clarify what to do ?

Thank you
                  Mahendra.

Comment

Photocopy of state issued ID (Driver License or ID), or the original major utility bill (Water, Gas, Electric, Sewage) must be submitted.
                    The following items are not accepted: cell phone bill, credit card statement, bank statement or lease.

Do Not send any cash with the Application

I797 and copies valid visa (if any) pages from parents passports alongwith copies of parents passports.

Go to FedEx/UPS store and get two shipping labels and envelops, one for sending the documents and one for return service. FedEx/UPS will print both the labels. Paste the labels on the envelops. Each label will have a tracking number which is also a AWB number.
                    You will also have to paste BLS tracking label on your envelop which you are using to send the documents. This is just for BLS to track your application in their system.

Comment

Originally posted by varora View Post
                      Photocopy of state issued ID (Driver License or ID), or the original major utility bill (Water, Gas, Electric, Sewage) must be submitted.
                      The following items are not accepted: cell phone bill, credit card statement, bank statement or lease.

Do Not send any cash with the Application

I797 and copies valid visa (if any) pages from parents passports alongwith copies of parents passports.

Go to FedEx/UPS store and get two shipping labels and envelops, one for sending the documents and one for return service. FedEx/UPS will print both the labels. Paste the labels on the envelops. Each label will have a tracking number which is also a AWB number.
                      You will also have to paste BLS tracking label on your envelop which you are using to send the documents. This is just for BLS to track your application in their system.
                      Thanks for your reply Varora. I've already paid $28 online for return shipping and I have received an automated email from BLS about the payment withe reference #. However that receipt is not of the Sample AWB form given in BLS website. If I purchase a new return shipping bill from Fedex/UPS, I will not be able to use already paid $28 return shipping. Can you please suggest? Has anyone come across this ever before?

I do have electricity bill on my name. Do I have to send local residence proof for my spouse too as parents are applying for PIO card. Also, should my wife also sign in the 3rd page along with my signature if application is Minor? Please clarify. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by mahi18 View Post
                        Hi All,

I am applying PIO card for my daughter (Minor). I have leasing document copy as proof of local residence. Is that sufficient ? I don't have local utility bills or DL.

Can I send the cash in the envelope instead of Money Order?
                        Parents are on H1 Visa. So do we need to send I797 copy also along with parents passport copies?

While filling the BLS form, I have selected this option "To obtain delivery service directly online with FedEx, Please Click Here". I have received an email with receipt but it does not have anything specific AWB number which is used for return shipping. Can someone please clarify what to do ?

Thank you
                        Mahendra.
                        Hi Mahendra,
                        I did pay $15 inside "FedEx Delivery Service : Click Here". I got 2 emails, one with the receipt of the same and another with a tracking number. That email says the following "Thank you for choosing FedEx return delivery service....." Once I entered the Tracking number in the column below "OR FedEx Transaction Details" I got another email with subject "Order Form PIO - 235...." But this had 2 attachments, one was the order form where it said "Please send all the documents to <address of the bls ofc(mine is SFO)>". The other attachment to add to my confusion was a Shipping Label, which read To <BLS address> and From <My Home address>... Did you also face the same situation? I am confused if I should let go $15 and take to and fro Fedex shipping labels...
                        Does aybody know how does the whole thing work?

Thanks
                        Shyam

Comment

Also Confused

Originally posted by myashu View Post
                          Hi Mahendra,
                          I did pay $15 inside "FedEx Delivery Service : Click Here". I got 2 emails, one with the receipt of the same and another with a tracking number. That email says the following "Thank you for choosing FedEx return delivery service....." Once I entered the Tracking number in the column below "OR FedEx Transaction Details" I got another email with subject "Order Form PIO - 235...." But this had 2 attachments, one was the order form where it said "Please send all the documents to <address of the bls ofc(mine is SFO)>". The other attachment to add to my confusion was a Shipping Label, which read To <BLS address> and From <My Home address>... Did you also face the same situation? I am confused if I should let go $15 and take to and fro Fedex shipping labels...
                          Does aybody know how does the whole thing work?

Thanks
                          Shyam
                          I also chose to prepay for delivery. At first I only received one email, the transaction receipt, but then I found the second email with the tracking number in my spam folder. So Mahendra, yours may have been sent there as well.
                          However, this still leaves us with Shyam's problem. I believe the "shipping label" generated by the order form is supposed to be pasted on the outside of the envelope, next to the shipping label I purchased from FEDEX to send to Chicago. Since the barcode on that is linked to the tracking number of the actual BSL order form. But I could be wrong about that. And where is the return shipping label? How do we include a prepaid self addressed traceable envelope in the package if we have no return shipping label? How is this even possible to be this confusing?
                          Another question: What exactly is a "Demand Draft or Postal Order favoring COMPANY DETAILS"? (As mentioned in the requisite documents checklist for tourist visa)

>.< Frustrated,
                          Jeanne

Comment

Solved!

Alright, hopefully this helps anyone having these difficulties in the future:

If you opted for prepaid delivery, you do not have to include any envelope for return shipping.
                            A Postal Order favoring Company Details is simply a money order to pay the fee.

Happy Travels!

Comment

Prepaid Delivery=Yes

Originally posted by jeanne View Post
                              Alright, hopefully this helps anyone having these difficulties in the future:

If you opted for prepaid delivery, you do not have to include any envelope for return shipping.
                              A Postal Order favoring Company Details is simply a money order to pay the fee.

Happy Travels!
                              Hi jeanne... You mention that you do not have to include any envelope for return shipping. Can you confirm that you did this and did receive your passport back?

And on the VISA Order Form, it lists Prepaid Delivery which I chose Yes, and 2 additional boxes appeared where one states "Airway Bill No." and the other "Or FedEx Transactions Details". I received an email with the FedEx Transaction No., so I am just filling out that one box and leaving the "Airway Bill No." to the right of Prepaid Delivery=Yes blank. Is this correct?

Then as jeanne mentioned, I do not include a return envelope for my passport? And no return airway bill with To and From is needed from my end, that will be done by BLS?

Thanks for any information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X