F1 visa stamping while on OPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa stamping while on OPT

Actually this is not question but some information about my case.

I was on F1 visa and working full time on OPT. My F1 stamp in passport was expired but my OPT status (EAD card) is valid.

I recently traveled to India for personal reason and while coming back I have to apply for F1 visa while on OPT. As I was applying for F1 with same university and my F1 was expired recently I applied through DROP BOX facility (no interview).

I received my visa in few days without any interview.

Thanks

What do you need to prepare to get visa renewal?

Hi,

I am also working full-time with a valid OPT right now. I would like to travel back to my country at the end of this month, but my F1 visa has expired. People around me say it's really risky to to get visa renewal so I am really worried. Can you please tell me how long did you travel to India and how long does it take for the visa to be renewal? What kind of documents did you prepare?

Thanks a lot

Comment

F1-OPT..Visa Stamping on expired visa

Hi,

I converted from L1 to F1 from within US and my L1 visa stamp is expired.. I have graduated from the US University and now on F1-OPT working FT for a reputed company within US. I want to visit India and understand that I would need to go for visa stamping. I have been hearing that it is very risky to go for visa stamping on F1-OPT specially because I have no more classes to attend. Could you please share your experience??

Thanks in advance!

Comment

dedi

Hi,

Congratulations on getting your visa renewed. I am planning to renew my F1 visa and your information is really helpful. I have few questions regarding the renewal of my visa. Can you please contact me on my email [email protected] if you don't mind. Please any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Originally posted by neotest View Post
        Actually this is not question but some information about my case.

I was on F1 visa and working full time on OPT. My F1 stamp in passport was expired but my OPT status (EAD card) is valid.

I recently traveled to India for personal reason and while coming back I have to apply for F1 visa while on OPT. As I was applying for F1 with same university and my F1 was expired recently I applied through DROP BOX facility (no interview).

I received my visa in few days without any interview.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,
          I am also in a similar situation.
          I converted my visa from H4 to F1 and now I am on OPT working full time. What are my options to go to India and get my visa stamped?
          Please share your experience.

Originally posted by 4visaquestions View Post
          Hi,

I converted from L1 to F1 from within US and my L1 visa stamp is expired.. I have graduated from the US University and now on F1-OPT working FT for a reputed company within US. I want to visit India and understand that I would need to go for visa stamping. I have been hearing that it is very risky to go for visa stamping on F1-OPT specially because I have no more classes to attend. Could you please share your experience??

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by mithuna View Post
            Hi,
            I am also in a similar situation.
            I converted my visa from H4 to F1 and now I am on OPT working full time. What are my options to go to India and get my visa stamped?
            Please share your experience.
            Hi mithuna,

Did you travel to India while on F1 OPT? If so, could you please tell us if the stamping was successful. I am in the exact same situation and really appreciate your response.

Comment

I had travelled in F1-opt as soon I got opt I travelled and when I returned They send me to the second verification well as my opt got started I could show them the offer letter and told them I am off to join the job so they was satisfied with my answer and they cleared and I am back but still traveling in opt is risky factor unless u have a full time job
              Not a Legal Advice, Just a suggestion

Comment

mithuna palkodi i am also in the same situation. Currently on f1 opt and currently employed . Will there be any problem with my stamping ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X