Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEM OPT Extension Validation Report Delayed Out of Status possiblities

Hello there,

My STEM OPT Extension is valid from 6/1/2013 to 10/31/14. I have been working for same employer since my OPT. Because I am on OPT extension every 6 month I had to file the validation report stating my current job, address and those relevant details. It was due on 12/1/2013. But I forgot to do so confusingly thinking 6 months would be at 1/1/2014 . DSO from the school left the job from Nov 26 2013 and new one is joining from mid Jan 2014. There must be someone in the school however taking the responsibilities temporarily. As I had to report it on Dec 1 and I could have done it by Dec 10th plus school had 21 days to update SEVIS which all have passed. As of today Jan 12/2014 I am probably 42 days due from 12/1/2013. I have sent email to school and will get some notice from school tomorrow but am worried whether I am already out of status, if I could do anything to fix it like the regular reinstatement form or SEVIS terminates automatically ? If SEVIS terminated am I already out of status ? How can I verify that I am / in status ? Is there a way I can fix it immediately or by any other means. What should I do, could somebody please advice me. I shall be obliged. I dont have problem with my current job or have to change it immediately. I have never had unpaid job within the OPT or OPT Extension and I have not violated F1 till now. I have read about SEVIS 90 day termination and reinstatement for F1 status can only be applied by F1 enrolled in full time courses, which I am not. I have already graduated.

Plus what is the difference between SEVIS termination and out of status ? Can there be a SEVIS fix for this ? Do i need to leave the country immediately ? Is there a GRACe period ?

What should I do to protect myself immediately / What is the best solution / Will leaving the country and coming back bring me in status again ?

Thanks
    Last edited by openboy; 01-12-2014, 10:37 PM.

hey how did it go with you? I am in the same situation now..please help

Comment

s.shivi / openboy,

Could you tell me if this affected you in anyway? I'm in the same position right now.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X