Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Certificate Translation Question

Dear All,

I know this sounds really naive, but you know that even the most naive things could get you a RFE with immigration!!! Your help will be truly appreciated.

I am getting ready to file I-485 for me and my wife based on EB-1. Everything seems to be smooth. i am just hesitant regarding Translation of our birth certificates and marriage certificates

There are the 2 options I have:
    Option 1 I have official translation from an attorney in my home country Egypt. In fact, this attorney is the attorney that is recommended by the US Embassy in Egypt.

Please check,I have attached an image of the translation with my info blacked out. There is the attorney's stamp at the bottom certifying that the translation is true and accurate + signature, and the attorney's contact info is on the letter head

Option 2 Just re-type this translation on a plain piece of paper, and have an acquaintance certify that [I am competent in both English and Arabic. I certify that the above is true and accurate. Date + Signature

What do you recommend? I tend to see that the translation from the attorney is stronger. However, it states that translation is true and accurate. Does not explicitly say (I am competent in both english and arabic). I thought of, perhaps, including the attorney's translations, and attach a copy from the US Embassy website stating that this is the recommended translator????????

Or should I just use Option 2?

Thank you very much.

Alaa
    Attached Files

Your attorney translation is adequate for USCIS purposes. There is a stipulated two-part translation authenticity often cited as an immigration requirement: 1) Statement that the translator is qualified and that the translation is true; 2) Notary witness of translator's certification.

Your attorney's translation, being from a legal professional, on his letterhead, essentially meets immigration translation specifications, and I have used similar, even less specific, English translations from abroad with no problems.

If in any doubt about a foreign translation meeting all the requirements (and your translation from attorney is fine), I use one of many professional translation services in the U.S. which specialize in immigration-required translations for about $70 a page.

--Ray B

Originally posted by aelwany View Post
    Dear All,

I know this sounds really naive, but you know that even the most naive things could get you a RFE with immigration!!! Your help will be truly appreciated.

I am getting ready to file I-485 for me and my wife based on EB-1. Everything seems to be smooth. i am just hesitant regarding Translation of our birth certificates and marriage certificates

There are the 2 options I have:
    Option 1 I have official translation from an attorney in my home country Egypt. In fact, this attorney is the attorney that is recommended by the US Embassy in Egypt.

Please check,I have attached an image of the translation with my info blacked out. There is the attorney's stamp at the bottom certifying that the translation is true and accurate + signature, and the attorney's contact info is on the letter head

Option 2 Just re-type this translation on a plain piece of paper, and have an acquaintance certify that [I am competent in both English and Arabic. I certify that the above is true and accurate. Date + Signature

What do you recommend? I tend to see that the translation from the attorney is stronger. However, it states that translation is true and accurate. Does not explicitly say (I am competent in both english and arabic). I thought of, perhaps, including the attorney's translations, and attach a copy from the US Embassy website stating that this is the recommended translator????????

Or should I just use Option 2?

Thank you very much.

Alaa

Comment

The copy of the birth certificate translated by your attorney is enough for you to apply for Immigration purposes. You need not to worry about it.
      I am a certified German English translator. I have good command on all aspects and stylistic levels of German & English language. I hold a deep knowledge of technical translations.
      Dammann.com.au

Comment

The birth certificate translated copy given by a legal advisor is in English language. As per law, the local language for migration of such legal documents is English and not any other language. I guess if the Certificate is in English, the registrar's stamp will have English as well as the local language. It's absolutely legal to submit. So there is no need of another certificate in the foreign language. http://bit.ly/1IfIjz4

Comment

Re: Birth Certificate Translation Question

Originally posted by Davidrainey View Post
          The copy of the birth certificate translated by your attorney is enough for you to apply for Immigration purposes. You need not to worry about it.
          I am totally agree with David. It is fine if you get your birth certificate translated by your attorney, you will not need anything else for translation.

Comment

Translation of documents

Originally posted by alexanderzeller View Post
            i am totally agree with david. It is fine if you get your birth certificate translated by your attorney, you will not need anything else for translation.
            hi,

so, my birth certificate is in spanish, i am very good at english, can i make the translation? Or does the document has to have some sort of stamp or signature from a native english speaker.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by adri View Post
              hi,

so, my birth certificate is in spanish, i am very good at english, can i make the translation? Or does the document has to have some sort of stamp or signature from a native english speaker.

Thanks

ohh nevermind, i just read the instructions for the translation of documents and i can't do it myself. Sorry

Comment

Birth Certificate translation must be accurate especially

Birth Certificate translation must be accurate especially for documents related to immigration purposes, visa application.

Comment

The translation of any civil document for immigration purposes goes beyond "being accurate." It should be done by a professional translator, with a statement from translator that he is qualified to translate and it is an accurate translation, counter-notarized by a witness to the translator statement.

--Ray B

Originally posted by phithejah View Post
                  Birth Certificate translation must be accurate especially for documents related to immigration purposes, visa application.

Comment

Accurate translation

Precise translation is the most important thing when it comes to immigration documents. It is a matter of concern in case of legal and business documents too. So it's best you choose the translation agency wisely, having certified translators.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X