Different Sevis Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Sevis Number

I had applied for F1 Visa from New Delhi, India consulate in September 2012. I had the Visa interview on 11th September 2012. My visa was put on hold for further Administrative Processing under 221(g). The visa was finally issued on 14 November 2013 for 5 years. Since then, I had already missed the 2012 and 2013 intakes. The next intake is for Fall 2014 in September as there is no Spring intake. I have informed the school and they will be sending the new I-20. However, the school informed me that my previous SEVIS ID was automatically canceled by system as my admission was deferred by two years due to Visa delay. They will be issuing a new I-20 with new SEVIS ID and I need to pay the SEVIS fees of $200 again. My question is will I be able to travel with new I-20 having different SEVIS ID than the SEVIS ID mentioned on my Visa. Can you please confirm.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Mohammad Moazzam Khan

Hi,

I have a same problem different sevis number comapared to the sevis number printed on my visa page. Could you please advise have you went to visa again?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X