L1-B Anti-fraud prevention and detecton fee $500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-B Anti-fraud prevention and detecton fee $500

I learned a lot reading the posts from many of the folks. Quite informative..

Got a query on $500 fee payment for "Anti-fraud prevention and detection fee" which is applicable for blanket petition.

Are there any other payment options at consulate counter other than the demand draft?

Please advise - Based on that i may have to re-schedule my visa interview appointment early next week.

Thanks!

exactly same query.

I do not hv time to make a DD because of the elections here. please tell me if I can pay by cash at the consulate. I am applying under L1 B blanket

Comment

Blanket L-1 Visa Fee: This fee can only be paid by a demand draft in favor of "U.S.Consulate General, Chennai."

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by venkat.kbas View Post
        I learned a lot reading the posts from many of the folks. Quite informative..

Got a query on $500 fee payment for "Anti-fraud prevention and detection fee" which is applicable for blanket petition.

Are there any other payment options at consulate counter other than the demand draft?

Please advise - Based on that i may have to re-schedule my visa interview appointment early next week.

Thanks!

Hi,

On 23rd April 2014 , i have attended the visa interview for L1 B at CHENNAI consulate and i am not aware that i have to pay this fee $500 (i was thinking my employer has already payed this).

when i entered consulate and one of the consulate employe requested to show me the fee receipt for $500, i told him that my employer might have payed, actually it was not payed, i was tensed.

He asked me to go to counter No. 14 and check with the consulate employee, i explained the situation finally he gave me two option
        1. re-scheduling my interview to next day and get DD.
        2. i can pay money at 14counter and go as normal process, at that time i do not have money i asked him to permit me to withdraw money from near by ATM, he permitted me to go out and come before 11:00 am (he gave me a exception letter to permit me at any time with in 11:00am).

I went out and withdraw money from near by ATM, came in side the consulate with any waiting , i came back inside the office and paid money at the same no. 14 counter.
        when i saw the display for my allotted number, it was my next number in the queue to attend interview. i got L1B visa approved.

so finally we have option to pay money at consulate office (this guys my accept cards but currently there was a note "due to technical problems we are not accept debit/credit cards" but they will accept money at the counter.)

Thanks.
        Idris

Comment

Thanks for the information it will surely help many.

Comment

L1B Anti Fraud Prevention Fees

Hi,
            My wife recently went for interview to Chennai...

For L1B Applicants, make sure to carry $500(in rupees) Demand Draft to the consulate.

The draft needs to be in favor of U.S.Consulate General, Chennai , payable at Chennai (Replace Chennai with the location you are appearing for interview)
            For conversion rate , refer to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visafeeinfo.asp

Incase you are unable to carry the DD, I think they give an option of paying by Credit card as well, but cash is a No No..

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPayne View Post
              Hi,
              My wife recently went for interview to Chennai...

For L1B Applicants, make sure to carry $500(in rupees) Demand Draft to the consulate.

The draft needs to be in favor of U.S.Consulate General, Chennai , payable at Chennai (Replace Chennai with the location you are appearing for interview)
              For conversion rate , refer to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visafeeinfo.asp

Incase you are unable to carry the DD, I think they give an option of paying by Credit card as well, but cash is a No No..
              If I am applying for L1 visa for me and L2 visa for my wife and kids, do I need to pay 500$ 3 times ? Or is it 500$ per petition (which is common for all 3 of us) ? Can some one please confirm ?

Comment

Originally posted by rahulworma View Post
                If I am applying for L1 visa for me and L2 visa for my wife and kids, do I need to pay 500$ 3 times ? Or is it 500$ per petition (which is common for all 3 of us) ? Can some one please confirm ?
                You need to pay per petition only.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X