Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i130 spousal visa

Hi
    I am Satish, married to a US citizen. My wife came to india on a tourist visa and got married to me in aug 2013 and she is currently residing with me in india till date. We have got her tourist visa converted to x visa and extended her stay permit till may 2014. Now, we are planning to move to US. For which i need a spousal visa. I am confused how to start this process of me getting a visa to travel to US. Also note i also will require a work permit as soon as i move there. So kindly help me with this

Thanks
    Satish

Satish,

Your U.S. citizen wife must submit form I-130 to apply for your spousal visa. Her submission goes to the US lockbox location in Chicago.

It will take about 8 or 9 months for your visa interview. After arriving in the U.S. you will receive a Social Security Number and Green Card, separately, in the mail and will be eligible to work.

--Ray B

Originally posted by satishs.1912 View Post
    Hi
    I am Satish, married to a US citizen. My wife came to india on a tourist visa and got married to me in aug 2013 and she is currently residing with me in india till date. We have got her tourist visa converted to x visa and extended her stay permit till may 2014. Now, we are planning to move to US. For which i need a spousal visa. I am confused how to start this process of me getting a visa to travel to US. Also note i also will require a work permit as soon as i move there. So kindly help me with this

Thanks
    Satish

Comment

i130 spousal visa

Thank you so much for your quick response Ray. I have another question to ask for if you don't mind answering it. Can she initiate this process from India? If so, from where

Your response will be highly appreciated

Tx,
      Satish

Comment

Normally, she must send her I-130 package to the U.S., to be processed in the U.S.

A Direct Consular Submittal (DCF) is allowed by some consulate locations for U.S. expats who provide proof of long-term residency outside the U.S.

--Ray B

Thank you so much for your quick response Ray. I have another question to ask for if you don't mind answering it. Can she initiate this process from India? If so, from where

Your response will be highly appreciated

Tx,
        Satish

Comment

i130 spousal visa

Thanks a lot Ray

Comment

i130 spousal visa

Thanks a lot Ray
            Hi sathish,

Is I-130 is filed for you?
            I am an indian married to american on feb 2014,my husband filed petition on March 20th 2014.Till now I didnt heard anything from the USCIS.
            Please let me know about youur process.

Thanks In Advance

Comment

Sara,

Your husband should have received a hardcopy Receipt Notice of Action from USCIS, mailed to him. He can check status of your petition on the USCIS status website page,using the receipt number.

--Ray B

Originally posted by saraladevi86 View Post
              Hi sathish,

Is I-130 is filed for you?
              I am an indian married to american on feb 2014,my husband filed petition on March 20th 2014.Till now I didnt heard anything from the USCIS.
              Please let me know about youur process.

Thanks In Advance

Comment

i130 spousal visa

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                Sara,

Your husband should have received a hardcopy Receipt Notice of Action from USCIS, mailed to him. He can check status of your petition on the USCIS status website page,using the receipt number.

--Ray B
                Hi ray,

We are checking the status on the site,It shows initial review .
                Its been 5months that we filed petition still the status is in initial review stage.

Thanks

Comment

That status is still in the "normal" timeframe range.

--Ray B

Originally posted by saraladevi86 View Post
                  Hi ray,

We are checking the status on the site,It shows initial review .
                  Its been 5months that we filed petition still the status is in initial review stage.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X