No announcement yet.

EB2-NIW for Indian citizen - useless ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB2-NIW for Indian citizen - useless ?

I am an Indian citizen with a PhD from a US univ currenlty working in a software company.

I have two questions.
    * Is there any point in self-petitioning via EB2 NIW if my company is willing to file for EB2 via LC ? It seems like in either case, the biggest problem is that the I-485 priority date is stuck in ancient history. There doesn't seem to be any win in going through EB2 NIW.
    * I have heard vague rumors that doctrate holders somehow clandestinely get ahead in the EB2 I-485 queue despite a really messed up PD. Is this true ?

Thanks!
    Deadbird

If you heard about it, it is not clandestine. In all seriousness though, I would like to know as well. Indians and Chinese are really in a pickle with the EB-2 NIW thing. I have a PhD from US also and I know that my EB2 petition has very high chances of getting approved. But what does that get me really? I know that once my OPT expires, I will have to leave the country.

Comment

The only advantage of NIW is you can self petition without job offer and there is no need for PERM. So you skip one step in the process. There is no other change compared to EB2

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X