Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to F1 and non immigrant intent

Hi,

This is to ask for recommendations on Student Visa for pursuing graduate studies in US and non-immigrant intent.
    I'm currently working for a Software company on L1B Visa. I've stayed in the US a bit more than 4 years till now and my L1B will max out late this year. I might convert to H1 and work for the same company - or switch companies if possible.
    My Home country is India, and I currently have ~8 years of experience in software industry.
    I'm planning to apply to graduate schools this year (i.e. by Dec 2014) for MS in Computer Science, for 2015 admission. Assuming I get admitted to a suitable university and can prove financial ability - my questions are:

1. If I continue to work on H1 in next year - and apply for the student visa from US - will that affect negatively - especially regarding non immigrant intent? I've read that it's best to apply from home country. If yes - should I go back to India, right before the visa processing?

2. What will be a tentative date for the start of visa application process? I understand it will be ~May - July 2015?

3. Will my work history in US affect negatively as for non immigrant intent? Will working in H1 make any difference?
    Note: my work on L1 was non discretionary - i.e. it was an intra-company transfer initiated by my company and my job agreement does specify that I've to travel if needed. I've not applied for a Green Card.
    Also - I'm the only child of my parents who are in India - and I do have family obligations there. I hope that will help me in proving non -immigrant intent?

4. To show financial ability - is it preferable to show funds from accounts in India or US?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help. I hope my questions were clear- if not apologies and let me know where!

Cheers.
    Last edited by rudywk; 01-23-2014, 05:56 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X