Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 to H1 Transfer

Hi All,

Thanks for reading this post and please reply if you know the answer.

I came to USA on B1 Visa and will leave in 1 month.

In 2007 I got my H1B Filed and went to consulate interview in May 2008. In Visa interview I got an 221(g) with Additional Administrative Processing. I checked the status with the consulate and they said the case went to USCIS and when contacted they told that they will notify me when the review is completed. I left the case at that point.

One of company over is here is telling that they can do a H1 transfer with my previous H1 case (Which I don't know what the result was) and they will get it approved within 3 weeks. My question: is H1 transfer possible? as I don't have valid H1 as I came on B1. My second questions is if my H1 is approved can I change my status from B1 to H1 and is it safe?. My family is staying in India. Will they have problem while they go for H4?. Please somebody reply

Thanks

Originally posted by rajcom View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks for reading this post and please reply if you know the answer.

I came to USA on B1 Visa and will leave in 1 month.

In 2007 I got my H1B Filed and went to consulate interview in May 2008. In Visa interview I got an 221(g) with Additional Administrative Processing. I checked the status with the consulate and they said the case went to USCIS and when contacted they told that they will notify me when the review is completed. I left the case at that point.

One of company over is here is telling that they can do a H1 transfer with my previous H1 case (Which I don't know what the result was) and they will get it approved within 3 weeks. My question: is H1 transfer possible? as I don't have valid H1 as I came on B1. My second questions is if my H1 is approved can I change my status from B1 to H1 and is it safe?. My family is staying in India. Will they have problem while they go for H4?. Please somebody reply

Thanks
    I wouldn't risk it with a 7 Year old petition. There is high likelihood of such a case going to RFEs and the decision is likely to happen way after your B1 stay expiry. If approved good, but if rejected (which has higher chances with a B1 to H1 conversion) as you would have overstayed your B1, your B1 would become void.

The conversion rate of a B1 to H1 is not very healthy, so advisable to assess your risks carefully.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X