Divorce, child support, Alimony??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce, child support, Alimony??

I have been living in the US for the last 2 years with my family. My wife left US with my 2 year old child in December and has hardly been talking to me. She doesnot bring my son on skype for us to see each other. Although we have been married for the last 9 years, we have never enjoyed a good relationship - we always fought and wanted to divorce, but I could not muster enough courage to go ahead and do it.
    I want to apply for divorce now so I can get married to a better person and live a good life. Should I apply for divorce in US or in India? I am sure my wife will want to extract as much money as possible. I earn decent money from indian rupee point of view, But we had been living a very middle class life here, for that's all we could afford here. What should be the maximum money i should be paying my wife?
    I want to get child's custody. Will court grant me that? I have heard they usually favor women for custody? My wife is a doctor ( with specialization ) and so she should be able to earn good money and sustain herself in India. I looked at child support and money i will need to pay my wife if i get divorced in the US ( in my state Indiana) and it seemed too much- enough to bankrupt me.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X