X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa stamped and troubled!

Dear All,

I need help from you guys.

I got a job from my petitioner and recently (10 days ago) got my H1B stamped on my passport with H4 also for my spouse and one kid. I am yet in my home country and havent travelled to the US as my employer has been filing LCA on my behalf. Yesterday I got a call from the US embassy in my hoem country, saying that my petitioner has emailed them saying that my position has been closed so my petition is being cancelled and I shall not further use my H1B visa. That was not a **** call and I did check later on, it did actually come from the US embassy in my home country. I checked with my peitioner and they said that they did not at all file any application to cancel my petition or emailed the US embassy in my home country.

Just want to know that if really that has not been done by my petitioner then who else can do that? As just an email to the US embassy does not work to cancel a petition. To get a petition cancelled its a 4 to 8 months process, according to my information.

Also for you guys information, I got my H1B stamped initially in November 2013 and lost my passport later in December, so then got my new passport made, reapplied for the visa with my local US embassy and they stamped it again.

Need help. Please.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X