Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renew Green Card -- how long does it take from filing I-90 to Biometrics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renew Green Card -- how long does it take from filing I-90 to Biometrics?

Hello: I would like to ask a few question on renewing green card.

1. How long does it take from filing I-90 to take Biometrics? Is it quicker in Boston, San Francisco or San Jose (California)?
    2. When can I ask for a temperary stamp of I-151 on my passport? I read some post in this forum that I can ask for it during the biometrics. Is this true? Or doe I need to make an appointment to the field office after I filed I-90?
    3. How long does it take to get the new green card?

Thanks for all the help.

1. About three weeks to receive appointment. Timeframe to receive Biometrics appointment is about the same at most Application Support Centers (ASC).
    2. You need to get an I-551 stamp from a USCIS staff person at an INFOPASS appointment. Go to: https://www.immihelp.com/infopass-ap...nt-with-uscis/
    YOU CANNOT GET AN I-551 STAMP AT THE BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT. THAT IS NOT WHAT THEY DO.
    3. Two - three months.

--Ray B

Originally posted by timogu View Post
    Hello: I would like to ask a few question on renewing green card.

1. How long does it take from filing I-90 to take Biometrics? Is it quicker in Boston, San Francisco or San Jose (California)?
    2. When can I ask for a temperary stamp of I-151 on my passport? I read some post in this forum that I can ask for it during the biometrics. Is this true? Or doe I need to make an appointment to the field office after I filed I-90?
    3. How long does it take to get the new green card?

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Thank you very much, Ray. On point 2, when can one go to the USCIS office to ge the I-551 stamp? After receiving the initial receipt for the I-90 filing? Does one have to wait until he get done the biometric before he can go to get the I-551 stamp? Thanks!

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      1. About three weeks to receive appointment. Timeframe to receive Biometrics appointment is about the same at most Application Support Centers (ASC).
      2. You need to get an I-551 stamp from a USCIS staff person at an INFOPASS appointment. Go to: https://www.immihelp.com/infopass-ap...nt-with-uscis/
      YOU CANNOT GET AN I-551 STAMP AT THE BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT. THAT IS NOT WHAT THEY DO.
      3. Two - three months.

--Ray B

Comment

Use the INFOPASS link I gave you in #2 in previous response to apply for a USCIS appointment, to get I-551 stamp in passport.

--Ray B

Originally posted by timogu View Post
        Thank you very much, Ray. On point 2, when can one go to the USCIS office to ge the I-551 stamp? After receiving the initial receipt for the I-90 filing? Does one have to wait until he get done the biometric before he can go to get the I-551 stamp? Thanks!

Comment

Hi Ray: thanks. I think I did not state my last question clearly. I meant to ask whether I need to bring my I-90 (greencard replacement form) application receipt (from USCIS) to the USCIS appointment for the I-51 stamp? My plan is to mail the I-90 application by paper. Can I go to the USCIS appointment without having received the I-90 receipt from the USCIS?

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          Use the INFOPASS link I gave you in #2 in previous response to apply for a USCIS appointment, to get I-551 stamp in passport.

--Ray B

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X