Spouse Visa K3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse Visa K3

Thank you all for reading it, here is my situation. I am a US citizen and married, i have filed i130 petition in US and am currently in India. I want to file i129f petition for my wife in Delhi, India can i do that? I have received receipt from usics regarding i130 application. I want to speed up the process by filing k3 visa petition, is this route advisable ? Has anyone done this? If yes can some one please share their experience and how they went about it.
    Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by ubaidusyed View Post
    Thank you all for reading it, here is my situation. I am a US citizen and married, i have filed i130 petition in US and am currently in India. I want to file i129f petition for my wife in Delhi, India can i do that? I have received receipt from usics regarding i130 application. I want to speed up the process by filing k3 visa petition, is this route advisable ? Has anyone done this? If yes can some one please share their experience and how they went about it.
    Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.
    You cannot file an i129f for your wife.
    You cannot speed up the process.
    The i130 is the correct process, and doing it from India is just fine.
    You have to have a job, or sufficient assets in the USA.

Comment

Oh, and do you have a flat and car in the USA? I do not see how you could get approved without that.

I am getting a K1 visa. I have a car in the USA. I have over 150k in assets. I have tangible property as well. I have a job with a USA based company. I am worried that I may not have enough because I do not live in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxpro View Post
        Oh, and do you have a flat and car in the USA? I do not see how you could get approved without that.

I am getting a K1 visa. I have a car in the USA. I have over 150k in assets. I have tangible property as well. I have a job with a USA based company. I am worried that I may not have enough because I do not live in the USA.
        Hi there linuxpro,
        Yes i do have flat and cars under my name is US. I have herd some one saying if filing 129f after i130 it could shorten the time around 4 months. Although i couldn't find hard evidence. My question was can i take i130 receipt and file for k3 visa petition in india?

Comment

K3 spousal visas are no longer actively supported by USCIS. After you have a receipt for an I-130 submittal, you can submit a K3 I-129F petition, but it will be joined with your earlier I-130 package, approved, but the I-130 will move forward to the NVC. The K3 approval will just sit on a shelf at USCIS.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ubaidusyed View Post
          Hi there linuxpro,
          Yes i do have flat and cars under my name is US. I have herd some one saying if filing 129f after i130 it could shorten the time around 4 months. Although i couldn't find hard evidence. My question was can i take i130 receipt and file for k3 visa petition in india?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X