Green Card Wife of US Citizen Return to US with Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card Wife of US Citizen Return to US with Family

A little over a year ago myself, my LPR wife and our young son moved abroad so that I could pursue a Master's degree. I did not thoroughly research the possible issues surrounding her green card before we left, so we did not obtain a re-entry permit and did not fly back for a visit before the 1-year mark.

If she simply flies back with all of us when we return, without applying for any kind of additional visa, what is likely to happen at the POE?

Many thanks in advance for your advice and opinions.

Originally posted by mjd2014 View Post
    A little over a year ago myself, my LPR wife and our young son moved abroad so that I could pursue a Master's degree. I did not thoroughly research the possible issues surrounding her green card before we left, so we did not obtain a re-entry permit and did not fly back for a visit before the 1-year mark.

If she simply flies back with all of us when we return, without applying for any kind of additional visa, what is likely to happen at the POE?

Many thanks in advance for your advice and opinions.
    I running to the same situation as yours, with my LPR wife returning home to the US. Along with my 2 us citizrn kids after 2 yrs of absence.
    Just wondering if you can share your ecperience at POE. And how did it end up being.
    Regards,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X